Right indicator is not flashing intermittantly

Ed Hall

Paid Member
Hi Guys and Girls.

Hopefully someone maybe able to point me in the right direction.

- So I noticed right indicator it was clicking and flashing on dash too fast.
- Front drivers side indicator wasn't working on the outside.
- But rear light was flashing faster than it should be.
- Whilst driving I came up to a junction and put indicator on and it started working again.
- Parked up with right indicator on, it didn't work at first and then came on after a few seconds.

So far what I have read, on various forums the finger is pointing at the connectors on rear light? I'm hoping its not a relay as that means taking the air box assembly all out (I think). Bulbs are all good, so don't think its a bulb unless one of them is weak?

Any suggestions?

Hope you're all having a good week btw.

Ed

Definitely not the rear light! It’s the front bulb holder if it’s a twist in one or maybe the bulb, worst case is the headlight contacts have burnt out...

For future reference if an indicator stops working ie goes faulty, the rest of the lights flash faster to alert you, it’s a throw back to the old days when it was a normal relay based setup, your car won’t have a relay as such I wouldn’t think, it will all be done through the UCH in the cabin unless Renault are really prehistoric and dinosaur like still...

Reactions: Jimmy and Pav
I think they have actually moved on with the body control units now even old renaults has them... I can remember going to fit an alarm at a Renault dealership in Notts and it had a uch... it sticks in my mind because it had allegedly been pdi’d... and when I’d fitted it out cones a tech to givethe car a once over... wipers and blowers didn’t work... it’s been pdi’d he says... they must have worked... fast forward two hrs and we worked out that whoever had pdi’d it was slack harry and the earth for both item in the scuttle panel was still painted so they never worked! The dealership offered me a few quid to cover my time due to there staff, being naive and hoping for more work I shook his hand and said s**t happens, never did get anymore work... sucks to be nice at times!

Reactions: Jimmy