Retro-fitting Parking Sensors ?

I'm going to be taking my RS200 down to the South of France for this summer, where parking is very difficult, and it is sometimes necessary to ease into impossibly tight spaces, with mm accuracy - often avoiding hidden obstacles.

Now, I know the Clio is pretty small, but the parking sensors would be a useful bonus.

I'm getting it serviced next week and was wondering if they could be retro-fitted successfully and the likely cost?

merci

Don't halfrauds offer parking sensors? Have a browse around their site?

Alternatively, kick a passenger out and have them guide you in

Thanks, but passenger not always an option and not keen on the 'after-market' options.

I was in Grimaud and Saint Tropez last week with a Hertz Clio, and there were a dozen situations when rear sensors would have been useful.

I don't blame you. For some reason I find the clio one of the hardest cars to reserve park. Just can't see over the rear arches.

Have you tried Renault themselves?

The dealership should be able to fit the Renault ones, I work in a dealership (non Renault but 5 separate franchises) we actually fit all accessories ourselves, only heavily integrated items such as alarms get fitted factory

Last edited:
Heres a tip for you.

When parking in france leave it in gear but don't put on the hand brake on.

:nope: the next person along might not be as considerate as you and want to use your car as a gauge :rofl:

Retro fitted a set to the back of ours - not too bad a problem and looks factory fit as the they match the Red of ours pretty good.

I cant remember exactly what i did , but removing the boot trim, possibly the inner wheel arch gave plenty of access - you can then get your hand down inside the bumper - careful measuring, drill four holes, pick up a feed from the reverse lamps, controller drops in when the lamps cluster goes, and then stick the buzzer somewhere around the parcel shelf.

Had them fitted during recent service - about £250 with colour coded sensors and inc vat.

Excellent job and work very well. Helps with accurate parking, manoeuvring, and avoiding unseen hazards.