Retro fitting Bluetooth HU

Did a quick search but nothing came up. Is retro fitting the new Bluetooth HU from the 200 to the 197 plug and play?

And how much am I looking at (new and 2nd hand) for a HU?

Don't want an aftermarket parrot or similar, trying to sty OEM
Cheers

a few have asked but got zip mate.

iirc someone said a few from abroad (germany iirc) had done it but thats all.

You don't need to swap head units to get factory bluetooth mate.

Renault did a factory bluetooth kit for the 197s that worked off the steering wheel controls, and displayed on the factory dash display, I believe it was either a parrot ck4160 or a parrot cmltb bck85 Renault used, the Renault part number is 7711421182, it's very easy to fit, I've seen the proper Renault fitting instructions

parrot kits are around £130 new iirc It is not a head unit though! Its a small LCD display you have to place somewhere.

Ah, not too interested in that, I'm trying to stay as OEM as possible... Can the screen me fitted behind the dash?

What is it that the screen shows? Ideally I'd like everything through the original clio screen

Who your calling, who's calling you, track names (if you use it for music), the settings for the Bluetooth system itself, volume for the Bluetooth system, your phones reception and battery level and a few other things. Basically way to much info for the standard Clio display to show in full. Its not like the screens massive or intrusive either.

(The Parrot MKi9100 display and controls):
IMAG0061.jpg

Last edited:
Mate i have the factory Bluetooth HU, i'll dig out the folder and get the details for it, it simply plugs in the the back of the standard HU and you run the mic cable to where you want, and the Parrot kit (The Box) sits down by the pollen filter, well it does on mine.

Pretty sure you can still by them from the dealers - not seen one on ebay, but then again i aint ever searched for one.

Cheers for the info. I'm unsure as to whether I'd be ok with a stuck on screen though. Looks far too aftermarket IMO.

I know some had issues with those listed with certain functions on certain phones. I'm not saying you will or that those issues weren't fixed but when i looked at it i didn't want to added it just in case.

Most annoying part is i tried to add factory head to my build but it was too late.

I was looking at the accessories PDF and I think this is the one people have mentioned.

0b8ab9bde9418c29fb299f7469c27b88_zps91d144e5.jpg

Am I right in thinking you have to dial numbers, change tracks on your phone rather than through the cars controls with this one?

Knuckles, thats not the one i have, the one i have is completley hidden and works with the dash display for the radio, and you use the stalk controls, all factory fitted!

Not had a chance to get pics yet, but will today at some point (Rain and snow ha ha)