Replacing the xenon bulbs in my projectors

Hi everyone, i have the darker projector headlights with the cornering lamps and i believe xenons. I want to replace my bulbs with a more whiter bulb and am i right in thinking its a D2S bulb instead of the standard h7 in the normal reflector lights?

So i dont need a full hid kit with ballasts i just need the replacement xenon D2S bulbs?

Thanks

Carl

If you have factory xenons then yes only a bulb will be needed, ballasts do not control the colour, just for reference my last car had factory xenons fitted with 5000k Philips bulbs and they were white, not a hind of blue IMO. But if you already have xenons there all pretty white anyway so can't see why you'd want a change :smile:

mine just dont look as white has say the bmw, audis etc .... the back of the light says d2s so i assume they are xenons and i will just replace the bulb then :smile: i just want a cool white/ice blue look

Go for 6000k ds2 mate, ebay £20 a pair, alot of people recon chinese bulbs are crap, but ive had a set of 8000k on my old clio and 6000k on my megane never had a problem. 8000k are too blue/white and effect light output, 6000k are perfect

I wouldn't go above 5000K, not unless you want them to be SEEN by, rather than SEE by.

OEM ones are generally 4300K...this is for a reason: it's the closest to natural daylight, and the brightest available.

Many people don't know that as you increase the colour temperature, the amount of usable lights falls, so that by the time you get to 8000K you have only about as much as a decent halogen:blink:

Here you go: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-NEW-P...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2c71edd01e

Not the cheapest on there, but sticking to manufacturers like Philips and Hella will see you satisfied.

Go for 6000k ds2 mate, ebay £20 a pair, alot of people recon chinese bulbs are crap, but ive had a set of 8000k on my old clio and 6000k on my megane never had a problem. 8000k are too blue/white and effect light output, 6000k are perfect

thanks mate i am checking them out now :smile: think im going for the 6k ones as thats what everyone is guiding me towards, its just ive always had 8k in my 3 previous cars but clio deserves the right things

I wouldn't go above 5000K, not unless you want them to be SEEN by, rather than SEE by.

OEM ones are generally 4300K...this is for a reason: it's the closest to natural daylight, and the brightest available.

Many people don't know that as you increase the colour temperature, the amount of usable lights falls, so that by the time you get to 8000K you have only about as much as a decent halogen:blink:

Here you go: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-NEW-P...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2c71edd01e

Not the cheapest on there, but sticking to manufacturers like Philips and Hella will see you satisfied.

I appreciate your info buddy, seems to make sense to me if you think of it like that :smile:

6000k are fine, i was susprised by how good the light was, 8000k where very weak, and wouldnt have them again.