Repairing KW v3 or new yellowspeed ?

Hi, I bought my clio 197 with KW v3. They seem beat up and the springs are too soft, so I need to send them for repair and buy new springs. I am also considering buying new yellowspeed coilovers. How would you compare new yellowspeeds to repaired KW v3 ? What could be the better option, buy new yellowspeeds or repair KW ?

Thanks

If you live near a kw repair centre or can post them easily. I would highly recommend that over new coilovers

Like said above, first you need to know what the cost from KW are, it might not be as much as you think (also you can get springs from someone else and tell KW to valve it slightly differently to match the new springs you decide)

Its not that much to rebuild, its the labor cost of taking them off and reinstalling them that might push the price to the area of new coilovers. But why change? KWs are excellent, serviceable, and have a great range of adjustment!

Lets say that the total price of rebuilding and spring change is same or less than yellowspeed. So you would all agree to rebuild them ?

I would rebuild them, but I am biased as I have the KW CS. Do you want to use them on a track car or DD, or mixed use?

yea, then stiffer springs makes sense. Go with the cup setup, stiffer rear than fronts.

I made some adjustments and the suspenion is now really good. Seems something was wrong with front rebound setting.

Can you help me chose top mounts, i need something camber adjustable, and not too expensive if possible :smiley:

Always good to check bump and rebound to make sure its even across the car.

As for top mounts, you can go with either the KW or the Compbrake ones, but the CBs need to be machined to work with the KW spring. Depending on your car (earl vs late style topmount) you can also look at AST and Pure Motorsports, but I am not sure if they have to be adjusted to work with KW springs as well.

As for top mounts, you can go with either the KW or the Compbrake ones, but the CBs need to be machined to work with the KW spring. Depending on your car (earl vs late style topmount) you can also look at AST and Pure Motorsports, but I am not sure if they have to be adjusted to work with KW springs as well.

Also i THINK DNA racing has a topmount as well

PMS do them for different applications, you may need to take measurements / contact them for the correct spring profile:

If I was buying some, I think PMS ones would be what I buy.

Also glad it was a simple adjustment on the dials that solved your problem, always good to save some money (to then spend on top mounts haha)!

Do you maybe know what needs to be machined ?

Spring perch needs to be changed to fit KW springs. Reach out to Compbrake, they should be able to help. If not, there was a guy on the forum here who was a dealer for them and would do the job as well. It escapes me who right now, best bet would be to search.