Rent-a-garage??

Hi lads wondering if you could help me out. I've wanted to own a Clio Williams for many years and the biggest thing that holds me back is having no where to store it/work on it etc etc.

Is there such places where you can store cars where its reasonably secure too lol. Id want it to be nearby too but when I know what im looking for I can take care of that last part myself.

Any idea on costs?

Thank you please

Hahahahaha it'll look great next to the F40 and Barracuda!!! :thumbup:

I'm not sure what we charge to be honest and it would depend on how often you wanted access (you would not have your own keys and would only be allowed in with one of us there) to it or if you wanted to work on the car whilst it's in as at the moment that's not something we offer to customers. I do know of some garage units that are rentable in Altrincham though as a lad I know is keeping and building a GT-Four in one where his missus can't see it and shout at him for it hahaha!!! I can find out if there's any more vacant if you want?

Thanks for that bit of info Willis. do you have any nicer cars it could go next to as I dont want it with the riff raff :smiley:

To be honest just an idea on price would be great as Altrincham is further than what I would want to travel to get to it.

Maybe have a look at council units. I know Sheffield council rent out units in the city centre (a mate used to keep his project cars/bikes/ A-Team themed vans) in one and just paid the council for it.

Allsorts in there at the moment, roughly 15 unregistered Aston Martins, F430, F458, MP4-12C, a pair of AC Cobra's and a variety of GT2 and GT3 Porkers. Oh and an old Capri with a 2.9 Cosworth lump in it pushing around 400BHP hahaha!!! There's about 35-40 guests at the moment.

Have a look on Right Move, might be something nearer to your side of town on there but I'll certainly find out about prices and availability for you mate. :smile:

Thanks willis thats kind of you mate.

Rob - didnt know the council did that so just checked now and all the units they have a large and the cheapest was £6k per year lol. I only want a small space to store it and do small jobs ha ha

Found somewhere 5 minutes down the road from me which costs £144 per month plus electric (which would hardly get used). Still seems a lot but I think thats just me being ignorant and not knowing the general cost of doing this sort of thing)

Thanks willis thats kind of you mate.

Rob - didnt know the council did that so just checked now and all the units they have a large and the cheapest was £6k per year lol. I only want a small space to store it and do small jobs ha ha

That sucks, his was just in a row of garages under some residential flats. I'm guessing the flats were owned by the council too and residents maybe don't want the garages.

I used to rent a council owned garage, it was something like £7 a week! It was just round the corner from where I was living at the time (they didn't have power, water etc, just a basic carage)

I rent a council garage between me and a friend has electric and costs us £25 a month between the 2 of us it's nothing, we currently have a mk2 golf stored as its a track project we do between both of us.

Last edited:
Found somewhere 5 minutes down the road from me which costs £144 per month plus electric (which would hardly get used). Still seems a lot but I think thats just me being ignorant and not knowing the general cost of doing this sort of thing)

Look in the local paper. You'll often find people renting out garages for like a tenner a week,

Is it big enough for two?

Shared with a mate it's better plus a couple of you working in there at the same time makes it more enjoyable.

Two of us share a unit @ £30 a week but big enough for three cars and enough room to work and has power too.