Removing Recaro Seats

hi there, i'm having my Recaro seats re trimmed this week but due to a lack of space in the upholsters they only want the seats and not the car, meaning im going to have to get them out myself.

Is there anything i need to know before I give it a go? Especially in regards to unplugging and plugging the air bags back in. Also am i going to be needing any special tools?

Any help appreciated,

Torx bits for the seat to floor bolts, one connector for the seat wiring.

Best disconnect the battery for 30mins before playing with the connector

the seat bolts can be quite tight to come out so make sure you use a good fitting torx and crack the bolts off with a big bar first

Good! as to remove the seats is very simple! do you need a Torx 40 and one buzzer and the connectors are very simple to remove it in about 20 minutes you have 2 out, that if the screws are tight surely, see gingerly and will not have any problem, no need you disconnect the battery, but if so you stay calmer will be of no more! by opening an electrical circuit airbags are not fired

I've managed to get them out, broke a screwdriver in the process but got there in the end, played it safe and disconnected the battery. Paying £300 to have them done at Watkins conversions in Neath. The guy's been upholstering VW T4, T5's for years and pics of previous work looks pretty good so fingers crossed. Getting them done black leather on the outer section and a grey alcantara with blue diamond stitching colour matched to the car in the inner section. Just frustrating not being able to use my car while its being done :thumb1:

Pretty good opportunity to give the carpets a good clean, taken them out and vacuum thoroughly then shampooed, good as new inside now!

I've managed to get them out, broke a screwdriver in the process but got there in the end, played it safe and disconnected the battery. Paying £300 to have them done at Watkins conversions in Neath. The guy's been upholstering VW T4, T5's for years and pics of previous work looks pretty good so fingers crossed. Getting them done black leather on the outer section and a grey alcantara with blue diamond stitching colour matched to the car in the inner section. Just frustrating not being able to use my car while its being done :thumb1:

Pretty good opportunity to give the carpets a good clean, taken them out and vacuum thoroughly then shampooed, good as new inside now!

Hi mate just got recaros so please put pics up of the re trim might be interested in this in the near future .:smile:

yea, I only went up there to get the bolster repaired but didn't bother when he said he'd re trim for £300.

Ill put pics up when I've got them back and put you in touch if they look good.

Just a note for others, you should always disconnect the battery before unplugging any air bag. A small static discharge in the connector is enough to set the airbag off.

(For reference, I work with airbags)

anyone had the same experience?
changed my full fat seats to recaro cs seats, and when plugged the connector, the sign on the dashboard is on for airbags.
as my car is going for MOT, its an issue.
is there any solution, pls?