Removing front seats require battery to be disconnected

Will need to remove the front seats soon in order to swap for recaros. Will the battery need to be disconnected to do so?

I know when adding the recaro resistor it needs to be disconnected for 30mins prior or something (will do the resistor at a later date)

I didn't disconnect the battery at all when I took both my front seats out, I added in the resistor at the same time when I fitted mine.

I'm pretty sure the airbag system is disabled when the ignition is off anyway, so wouldn't worry about it. If it's not I didn't have any problems at all and I've had my seats in and out a few times since to clean under them.

Yeah easy enough mate, I just soldered in a couple of 3.3ohm resistors from work. Cost less than a few pence each, just look at the seats you take out and find out which pins go to the anti submarining airbag in the seat base and put the resistor there instead of it. I didn't take any pictures when I did mine but I'm sure there's loads kicking about on here. If you need any help just let me know.

Will need to remove the front seats soon in order to swap for recaros. Will the battery need to be disconnected to do so?

I know when adding the recaro resistor it needs to be disconnected for 30mins prior or something (will do the resistor at a later date)
I disconnected the battery when i swapped over when i met halfway just to be a 100% also before you both set off make sure you can defo loosen the T40 bolts on the runners.

Thanks for the help guys, the seats ill far out Thursday and drive up on say with them in another car ill then try and sort the resistor at a later date. Will take pics of the current one when disconnecting though.

Thinking I may disconnect the battery just to be safe, might be a stupid question, where is the radio code?

I swapped standard seats to Recaros and Recaros back to standard seats on my old Corsa D SRi without disconnecting the battery.

Only problem I had was that I broke the plug lock. This time however, I know what I'm doing.

didn't disconnect mine just left it for 20mins and then did the swap...the floor torx bolts are more of an issue they can be very tight to come out
and easy to round off!!!!

didn't disconnect mine just left it for 20mins and then did the swap...the floor torx bolts are more of an issue they can be very tight to come out
and easy to round off!!!!

And when that happens it means no remove the seat lol.

Unless you drill them out.

Wow...the screws in the chair don't want to budge do they... May take a trip down the garage to see if they can undo. I'm bending the screw driver with force and don't really want to round them off

Wow...the screws in the chair don't want to budge do they... May take a trip down the garage to see if they can undo. I'm bending the screw driver with force and don't really want to round them off

Yep they can be stiff,use a T40 bit in a socket should do the trick