Redbull-Renault special edition clio / meg

just a thought with the F1 season nearly over and Redbull / Renault nearly winning the constructor championship whats possibility of a special edition like f1 CLIO .

COULD BE THE CLIO R27-R WE'VE HAD DREAMS ABOUT

discuss

I suppose there about due for a special edition would it be the R.S. Clio/Megane RB6 or RS27 after the engine, its bad enough seeing cars with monster energy drinks sticks though never mind Redbull stickers

Lmao speak ov the devil il just seen a chavd up saxo. Monster ||| lmfao who are they kidding??? I can understand them on blocks car lol

Am I right in thinking Renault just supply engines to RB?

Given RB have comprehensively whooped Renault's factory team this season, I think they might be keeping a lower profile.

I'm sure there's going to be another special soon though, now all the Gordinis have gone/nearly gone.

Am I right in thinking Renault just supply engines to RB?

Given RB have comprehensively whooped Renault's factory team this season, I think they might be keeping a lower profile.

I'm sure there's going to be another special soon though, now all the Gordinis have gone/nearly gone.

They do just supply engines to Redbull but they also just supplied them to Williams and we got 3 lots of Mk1 Clio's with that name :smile: Thats where the 2.0l Clio started in life :smile:

Yeah, I understand that bit, but you've got the unique situation whereby someone else has done better than their own team with their kit.

I don't think Renault had a factory team competing alongside Williams at the time, did they?

Yeah, I understand that bit, but you've got the unique situation whereby someone else has done better than their own team with their kit.

I don't think Renault had a factory team competing alongside Williams at the time, did they?

nope only supplied engines

As above its unlikely i think due to the poor performance or renaults factory team then an opertunistic maketeer may decide that RB not being a car manufacterer themselves are irrelevant and just add to the gimmick,

I was talking about this with my dad the other day, the possibllity of a Red Bull special.

Not sure how ell it'd go down with Renault F1 not having the best of years, but as far as I know don't Renault only actually own about 25% of that team now anyway!?! The Renault name was kept for exposure and sponsorship reasons I'm led to believe. As long as any special wasn't just a paint job and trim pacakage like the Gordini is then I reckon it'd be worth a go.

I dont think Renault have any other affiliation with Red Bull like they did with Williams in the past.

Theyre simply just an engine supplier.

I would quite like a special edition 200 in RBR colours if they did win but not if it was ott with marketing on it.

Renault will do a special edition next year when they win constructors championship after getting rid of Petrov and getting Kimmi back into an F1 car and out of WRC!!!

:thumbup:

I'd have liked the Renault team to have done better and brought a 200 out in that paint scheme - I think it's the best F1 car colourwise