Recommendation for main dealer service - Yorkshire

ashtons99

Gold Member
I used to use Brian Leighton at Goole until sadly they shut their doors. I'm reluctant to go to the goons at Evans Halshaw locally so looking for any recommendations

http://www.ddconline.co.uk/

I know it's not a main dealer but they're really good guys in there, I used them when I had my 200 even in warranty (block exemption etc.). Either that or you'll need to go up to to Nissan @ Pontefract or Harrats Wakefield off Denby Dale road.

Cheers GT. I've not heard of the Doncaster place before. I will have a look at that. Rightly or wrongly I have little confidence in the "group" main dealers. I'm not totally precious about having a full renault history as I think if and when I came to sell the car would sell itself.

Cheers GT. I've not heard of the Doncaster place before. I will have a look at that. Rightly or wrongly I have little confidence in the "group" main dealers. I'm not totally precious about having a full renault history as I think if and when I came to sell the car would sell itself.

I'm the same with main dealers, I find it very difficult to trust anyone with cars. I'm not massively precious about them generally but like to feel like I'm getting decent service and I'm not just part of a production line of cars they have to deal with and they aren't going to break it more than it went in!

But the DDC guys were nice to deal with and they presented themselves as being 'genuine' so they got repeat business from me and I've put quite a few people in their direction because of it. If you have any issues at least you're talking to the organ grinder and not the monkeys receptionists assistants PA.

Sounds good. I've just been looking on the Renault dealer network page and there aren't many that aren't tied into the big groups. I've found one at Grimsby that appears to be a smaller one - Humberside Renault. I'm not in a rush anyway.

If it has to be a main dealer go to Harrats Wakefield, the service manager is called Adam and is known by and knows many of the Yorkshire renault folk. He's even been known to pop into some of the monthly meets.

You sadly still have to deal with some of the surrounding dealership 'experience' but their service side of things is generally pretty good I've found.

http://www.ddconline.co.uk/

I know it's not a main dealer but they're really good guys in there, I used them when I had my 200 even in warranty (block exemption etc.). Either that or you'll need to go up to to Nissan @ Pontefract or Harrats Wakefield off Denby Dale road.

Normally I'd be right with you on this one Tom. But I had my belts done with them in Feb this year, only for the Aux belt to break last month because they never changed it. I'm not best pleased with them.

If it has to be a main dealer go to Harrats Wakefield, the service manager is called Adam and is known by and knows many of the Yorkshire renault folk. He's even been known to pop into some of the monthly meets.
You sadly still have to deal with some of the surrounding dealership 'experience' but their service side of things is generally pretty good I've found.

+1 on this, their admin team are f*cking dreadful, but their techs haven't been too bad from my experience.

I recently used Harratts Wakefield and was very happy with them. Adam is spot on and was great to deal with. I thought they were decent on price too, compared to quotes I'd had from a non-main dealer.

[MENTION=4123]philmots[/MENTION]

Adam Vickers 01924 291829.

If you don't get straight through to him, ask for a call back - he will get back to you. And don't forget to mention the forum.