Recomend a head unit

I want to upgrade my head unit.
I'v bought some 6 by 9 Alpine speakers to go on the rear parcel shelf and have the Renault upgraded speakers fitted.
So what head unit,the things I want are MP3 socket and built in sat nav,one of the Pioneer units I've seen looks good but the screen comes out and covers the climate controls .What would you fit?

I like Beckers, but are you thinking double DIN/pop out? They do a single DIN SATNAV but I'd be more inclined to get just a normal radio and a Tom Tom link

Don't be put off by their plain Jane looks (although this is a reason I buy them, I don't like flashy stuff), they're the car audio arm of Harman Kardon and standard fit in a lot of high end stuff like Ferraris... They perform amazingly.

Last edited:
Yea beckers are good headunits and have the subtle looks that won't attract theives.

However, the beckers often don't offer the adjustability of higher end alpine and pioneer headunits

Beckers look good if you want the OEM look.

But I cant find any where in the UK that sell them, how much are they just out of interest?

Fair point Ben, there's probably a hundred more features on other stuff and you'll feel you're getting better value for money, but sometimes simplicity is the way forward.

Matt. You can pick up a Grand Prix 7993 with bluetooth for £280ish and you'll be wanting an Ipod cable and the stuff to make all the OEM steering wheel controls work too I'd imagine. Not cheap, but you get good money for them 2nd hand.

I'll be getting another one ASAP, as soon as I know it won't impact on my RS monitor's function.

Last edited: