Recaro's vs standard

Hi, new to the forum. Own a 182 and I am looking to upgrade to a 197 as mines on it last legs and I'd rather not chase problem after problem.

I've got a budget of around 5k ish but I'm hoping with the sale of my car or having left anything spare I can do some modifications to make it my own. I've always wanted an aftermarket exhaust.

My question is, are recaro seats really worth it, will I be left always wanting more if I get standard seats? I understand about the cup packages and wouldn't mind either way.

Hope someone can help. Any feedback will be much appreciated :smile:

I fitted recaros and I'm glad I did but my old seats were knackered. I wouldn't say that they are a must but I think they're a lot better. In my opinion

Great thanks. I've seen a car near me with recaro's. It's got the cup chassis but without xenons. I think from the sounds of things it'll be worth it.

Have a look at a few mate and buy the car on it's condition with a full service history. Having said that the recaro's are awesome.

Do an AutoTrader search for Renault Clio and add "recaro" as a keyword. Find the one closest to you and go and have a look. Then see what you think of the standard ones. If you don't come away thinking Recaros are a must have I'll be amazed. They are FANTASTIC seats.

I'd make sure before you buy though mate. It's a big decision and it's an even bigger decision to put right if you buy one without and decide you want them. They only come up very rarely and you're looking at a grand plus retrim (probably)...

Thanks guys. I have driven one with recaro's and I liked them a lot. My main concern was whether it was a night and day difference. From the sounds of things it is. This helps me make my decision a lot easier. The car I want is on 62k. If it hasn't had the belts done, has anyone got any idea what a full service with belts would cost? Because if I do get one I'd rather I know it works than say get an exhaust.

would love to have recaros in mine...on the other hand the standard seats are very very good..i've been in a clio with recaros and they were very supportive but as above,dont think its a must...
depends on what the car will be used for..if you are planning to do a lot of track days then i'd say try to get one with recaros..

and the service might be quite expensive..bet over £500-600 all in..

Basically recaros I find are not as comfortable and sit higher than the standard seats, however in my opinion there is no seat out there that looks as good as a recaro sportster cs, especially when trimmed in leather. They also hold there value well, so I would say get a clio with recaros.

Okay great thanks :smile: I can't imagine I'll be doing track days. The main reason I'm getting the car is because I love the RS clios but don't like so much the age of my one. With the breaks going, exhaust rattles etc, but with over 100k on the clock it's to be expected. So I'm hoping a 197 with 60k and a full service should be what will keep me happy.

If you can, get a clio with recaros, as they are the better out the two seats.

However, if you find a very good car, condition, mileage etc and it doesnt have recaros, id go for that. They are easy to add in.

I can't believe how much feedback this is getting. Everyone on here seems to be super helpful! Thanks.

Another biased vote for Recaros from me too! They are great seats and look superb, I'm very happy I have them in my car.

Having said that, the standard seats are still very supportive and well-bolstered. So, as has been said, buy a car based on overall condition and not just because it has Recaros.

The fact you are asking I would def get recaros. Had my 197 for 4 year and just got recaros in April. Absolute love them. Don't get me wrong the standard seats are really comfortable and supportive. Try and get a sit in one with and without recaros that will make your mind up. Good luck with the purchase.

Thanks Chris and everyone. I'm on holiday from Tuesday for a week so if the car I'm looking at is still there I'll probably get it. If not, I'll keep looking. I'll keep you posted! :smile: