Recaro seatbelt rubbing

Morning all. Well it seems that no matter how careful i get in/out of the Recaro it turns out its not my arse catching the bolster, but the seatbelt! Obviously i plan to minimise as much wear as possible so my first task is to work out if this is normal or a side effect of me fitting Clio recaros.

Excuse the pic, i snapped it while i was in the car this morning before setting off.

u9a2.jpg

This is just me sat in the seat with the camera looking down.

Does anyone else get this? Is it because im a short git with the seat too far forward? lol

What!? Why has my topic been moved here its regarding Recaros (which in this case are a Cliosport item) so it applies to other Clio Recaro users...

Blocks on the pedals would allow you to move the seat back enough haha, I'm 6'1" and my seatbelt just misses the edge of mine :smile:

I know there gash but what about that seatbelt pads that halfrauds sell, maybe get small plain ones on eBay maybe and no one will see them down there.

What!? Why has my topic been moved here its regarding Recaros (which in this case are a Cliosport item) so it applies to other Clio Recaro users...

so its in other renaultsports as it covers all...

it also generates interest in the "other renaultsport" part of the forum ie megane/twingo/172/182

position of seat will effect it a lot as the belt only goes so far forward before coming round the side of the seat

I know there gash but what about that seatbelt pads that halfrauds sell, maybe get small plain ones on eBay maybe and no one will see them down there.

I already considered that but then ruled it out. I dont think having a seatbelt pad rubbing on the bolster would be any less damaging than the seatbelt rubbing :worried:

can the lower seatbelt runner be modified to allow the belt to come further round the seat.