Rear shock bolt specs

bedoef

Platinum Member
Hi guys,

I am looking for the spec / type of bolt used at the bottom of the shock to connect it to the rear beam axle. I recently purchased a DNA racing rear sway bar and they mount via drop links to this point, which takes something like 20mm of the bolt length and causes the bolt to just barely engage with the axle.

I want to buy a longer version of the bolt, but not sure where to start other than measuring the bolt (which I dont know how to do - separate problem).

Anyone know its specs?

Clark

They seem to design it to use the standard Bolt it most likely it will be high tensile M12 (12.9 stength) I'm not sure of the pitch of the thread but cross ref part number it seems like 1.75 thread
1635162423627.png
1635162489262.png
1635162551918.png

Reactions: Sean197 and bedoef
Thanks @turkie172 !!

The bolt does engage the axle, but instead of having another 10-15mm of thread going into the axle, only like 2-3mm is showing. I am not comfortable with that little margin for error on the bolt that holds the rear shock on the axle, and want to find other options.

I am running the KW Clubsports, so maybe that is part of the issue with the bolt length (possibly thicker housing than stock)