Rear discs

AS far as I know the shake your ass (225 lookalike) DCI175 Megane discs are listed fit direct, the other models 225, 230 (F1) people have fitted but no one lists them as direct fit it might be something stupid like the internal diameter of the wheel bearing or that it needs centred slightly I know the Apec braking tech doc's say something about checking the left/right position of the bearing while fitting
upload_2017-5-21_12-58-23.png
By the spec sheets the wheel bearing is different sizes and overall height of the disc.

I don't think they are the right ones the 197 should be 270mm and a 25mm bearing, You bought the larger 300mm with 30mm bearing which I think fit Megane 225 & F1. I did post the diagrams again I could be wrong but looked up the Dialogys program and the rear wheel bearing is 25mm and Renault parts direct show the rear discs as 197/200 and Megane 175 so it's looking like the disks you ordered are wrong but let us know.

I cant tell you if they'll fit......

I can tell you i've purchased from this seller before - and i don't think you'll have trouble with a refund (Fingers crossed).

Clio's have the 300mm disc aswell. Only difference is in the bearing. Meg 225's have 25mm inners and clio's have 30mm in race diameter. R26 does have 30mm afaik

Reactions: sevenfourate
Well the costs are shooting up as we speak, the lads have stripped the rears down and the near side caliper is well and truly stuck, just ordered a new one from Eurocarparts, also the handbrake cables are shot and need replacing, costs to date are:

Front discs/pads - £130.00
Rear discs/pads - £190.00
Front spring - £100.00
Nearside caliper - £120.00
Handbrake calipers - £64.00

Just waiting for the garage bill now......

Well the costs are shooting up as we speak, the lads have stripped the rears down and the near side caliper is well and truly stuck, just ordered a new one from Eurocarparts, also the handbrake cables are shot and need replacing, costs to date are:

Front discs/pads - £130.00
Rear discs/pads - £190.00
Front spring - £100.00
Nearside caliper - £120.00
Handbrake calipers - £64.00

Just waiting for the garage bill now......

Ouch, sorry to hear this Russell :worried: it's never a pleasant time when a few things go wrong at once. On the plus side, it should be fine for a good while now on the brakes side of things.

Th good thing is Euro got me the caliper within 4 hours from ordering, bad thing is main dealer have let me down on the handbrake cables but still hoping they might turn up today, if so the lads can finsih the works off in the morning....

gordini was selling his rear calipers + discs for £50..!!!
brand new items are so dear..unreal...
glad its being sorted mate anyway