Rear Calipers

burrellbloke

Paid Member
When I had the rear wheels off of the Clio at the weekend one of the rear callipers looked a bit scabby. It has obviously been repainted a few times before my ownership. It had been prone to sticking before and when I checked the brake pad wear it looked a bit uneven.

I have been looking at the price of replacing the rear callipers. The scabby calliper is clearly marked TRW.

Kam Racing have the callipers, a genuine brand new one is priced at £265. RPD sell them for £145, but state that the right hand rear is no longer available to buy new.

A TRW version is available for £112 here https://brakeparts.co.uk/shop/Renau...- Brake Calipers and Wheel Cylinders/BCA3708D

Am I right in thinking that TRW ones will be exactly the same as the callipers being sold by Kam Racing and RPD?

Not the brake pipe connections are sided but the internals can be transferred which is the bit that can fail if the piston is wound too far back the handbrake adjustment mechanism can split open. They are easily fixed as corrosion creeps under the boot and makes contact with the piston. The rubber boot can stick around the neck of the piston and stop you from winding back the piston getting something that will not rip the boot under it and break the seal all the way round makes a difference.

Tabs can split open if piston is wound too far back
1647295327064.png

1647294913025.png

Reactions: Sean197
I have worked out that the link I found does not have any stock for the drivers side rear. They are NLA by Renault.

This is the mad thing I think the 38mm Megane ones are the same and I think all Renault 38mm manual rear calipers should work just the handbrake cable arms are different obviously the Megane calipers are different part numbers, I do have Megane ones so I know.

Yep. We did a “home” refurb of the calliper last year and replaced the piston and the seals but the wear in the pad is uneven. I thought that if it was not too expensive I would just replace both rear callipers.

Yep. We did a “home” refurb of the calliper last year and replaced the piston and the seals but the wear in the pad is uneven. I thought that if it was not too expensive I would just replace both rear callipers.

If you can live without the car for a week then perhaps send them to Max for a refurb?
I think he did your inlet?

I have sent the elusive Max Seviour a message last night. Hopefully he will get back to me.

The Polish eBay parts hoarder Rofag seems to have stock of brand new drivers side rear callipers - it is amazing that he has parts that Renault do not have. If his delivery charges were more reasonable I am sure he would get much more business from the UK.

I have sent the elusive Max Seviour a message last night. Hopefully he will get back to me.

The Polish eBay parts hoarder Rofag seems to have stock of brand new drivers side rear callipers - it is amazing that he has parts that Renault do not have. If his delivery charges were more reasonable I am sure he would get much more business from the UK.

Europe is different to UK when it comes to parts availability

Buy a sh!t pair for pennies and then send to MS Enginerring

IMG_2466.JPG

IMG_2469.JPG

IMG_2468.JPG
IMG_0372.jpg