Rear Calipers & Brake kit

Matty_L

Gold Member
Where is the cheapest place to get hold of a New Rear caliper and rear discs & pads?

Not interested in pattern parts, I want Genuine Renault, but where is the best place to go, using my forum discount or not.

Thanks

Renault Parts Direct may be your best bet, here

Or contact Renault Wolverhampton here - there is a forum discount if you tell them you are a member.

If your rear discs are bad just a thing I found with my 197 was the handbrake cables were not running smooth holding the brake on slightly and wearing the pads and long term the discs if let to continue. When I got the car I was that shocked how bad the front callipers were I had to knock the pads out as the sliding faces had corroded and locked the pads in place a smooth with a fine file and some care and copper grease they came good again the person that sold me the car said it had just had new discs and if I had not checked, it would have needed new discs again soon. As for the rears the side pins allowing the calliper to float can seize causing fast pad and disc wear replacement pins on EBay a proper cleaning and the right grease very cheap to fix, the pads can also stick so a good cleaning copper grease and make sure the pads can slide without any play even if you have to give new pads a very light run on the mounting edge with a file can make a big difference. All things said and done because of the Brembos are more race than road and the amount of crap that gets past the rims into the rear callipers you really should strip the pads out and check and clean them twice a year even if you put the old pads back in again you should not have any problems. The genuine Brembo braded pads are fine I think £35 front and £25 for rears are good you can pay almost double that for the Renault genuine pads and handbrake cables are about £55 for a pair genuine I think ALS performance sell rear callipers for £120 each in silver.

Is your problem a cosmetic thing or are the rear discs badly marked or are they not working properly.

I paid £60 a side for refurbished calipers last year. Really well finished in red.
Cables were about £30 a pair il have to dig out where from