Random Question - Front splitter - how much movement?

Hi there

New here. Just purchased a clio 200. It's great but unfortunately someone reversed into it while parked. It looks like a van reversed and didn't see my car. The van was left with its tow bar touching my front bumper. There is a slight chip to the pain but no other damage that I can see. Therefore I think it was a very slow impact and the van pushed up again my bumper. When I got to the car the tow bar was pushing into my bumper / splitter.

Now I can't see any damage other than the chip to the paint. However I have noticed that there is some movement in the front splitter - I can move it up and down - almost as if it is flexing. It all looks aligned properly. However I'd be really grateful if someone could tell me if a little bit of play is normal on the 200 splitter?

If you look at the picture below (borrowed from google) - I am referring to the lower grey coloured splitter and then the lip below the number place (in this picture it is carbon wrapped). If I push up and down on these bits there is a small amount of play. I am wondering if when the van reversed it is broken a bracket/ fixing. However it looks like these bits are made of plastic so maybe a bit of movement is normal!

I'd appreciate any advice. Just trying to work out it worth claiming on insurance.

thanks!

Attachments

• F1 blade on.jpg
    F1 blade on.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 43
The picture you've posted is a full carbon blade and front panel. The part that you're mentioning is the "blade" at the front and there is a degree of play in it but it shouldn't be loose.

Both parts are separate from the bumper and can be bought from Renault new. The blade is just clipped in and the plastic panel has small plastic rivets that hold it to the main bumper.

Definitely play in the blade, apparently it even has some functional purpose!