Random Multiple Missfire Detected?

Just had this code come up, reset it and it came up again within 5 mins. No engine light and can't feel any missfiring?

Car has been sluggish today but then I get that alot (something I'm looking in to)

is it p0300 or something???

had it on mine a couple of times when i have started from cold and then re-started and driven off

not done it for ages!!!

check the basicis - connections and check for air leaks that may cause mis-fire over more than one cylinder

Yeah that's the one. Will have a little look around the engine tomorrow. As I thought, its going to be one of them things that a near impossible to diagnose isn't it.

Where might I find air leaks? Any way I can narrow this down a bit? What could cause this, I fitted an ITG filter a few days ago and I was forced to put Tesco 95 in my car yesterday, could that have caused it?

If not what should I start looking at, CAT, O2 Sensors etc?

Last edited:
Check all the induction pipes, including the vacuum hose to/from the little trumpet. Check, if you can reach, the resonator box hasn't moved away from its pipe, it's quite heavy so may have shifted a bit. That's everywhere I can think of as far as air leaks go...