RalphyBMW's new toy

As some may know, I sold my 197 at the beginning of the year; I put on the market in late 2011 in the hope of buying a Z4 or Boxster before the spring. While the Clio was on the market I acquired an old Focus to smoke around in so that the Clio stayed presentable for anyone wanting to view.

XSP_4747_exposure_a.jpg

By the time it sold I was quite enjoying to shed motoring and was attached to the Focus.

IMG_0533a.jpg

Fast forward to now, still have the Focus but had been feeling the urge for something more "focused". Took a look at a few VXT's and bought this one yesterday;

Ok, car is filthy, and yes it does need a good polish and paint to the front bumper, but given how it drives, I don't care.

B4C0C246-3530-4982-894F-666E119658BF-1799-000001452841A30A.gif

517E7218-6794-436E-B855-9463401BE1AA-1799-000001451FB59CE4.gif

Seems to have a VXR exhaust and Gaz coilovers. Otherwise quite basic, cloth seats, no central locking, but right now I don't care.

This car is so incredibly fast, the steering is amazing and right now I am totally nuts about it. Genuinely couldn't sleep last night because I was so excited about driving it again.

It isn't at all practical, my wife HATES it, but what a car!

Thanks for reading!

Lovely car mate, as angel said many people overlook it because it's a vaux. Put a lotus badge on it and they'd change their tune. PLEASE keep the vaux badge though, so many people take them off and it ruins the front end, it makes them look like a kit car.

Thanks guys, it is so so different from a normal car. You are so involved with everything, can hear and feel everything.

Vaux badge at the front will be staying, rear might not as the paint is filthy within all three badges.

I have never been so excited about a car.

A few cold damp mornings (or big bills) might change my mind, but loving at at the moment.

I had been very apprehensive about getting a less practical, less conventional car; if I hadn't bought this then I was almost certainly going to get a Beemer, which would have been very nice but nothing like the same experience.