Radio Doesn't Switch Off Until I Open The Door?

Hi guys,

This is something that has kinda bugged me for a while. When pulling in to my driveway, I turn off the ignition via the button but the radio/cd player continues to play until I open the door to get out. If the key-fob is still in the slot it continues to play even after I've opened the door.

Does this happen to anyone else? Is there any way to get the radio to switch off as soon as I turn off the ignition?

Cheers!

Hi,

This is something which I think happens with all key-less entry Clio's, I know mine does anyway.

I'm assuming the electrics stay on when just the button is pressed in case you are parked up and want the radio on, windows down etc..

The electrics will still stay on (and the warning beep will sound) even when the door is opened if the key card is in the slot, this I assume is to prevent the key from getting locked in the car when the button is pressed on the outside.

So unfortunately I don't think there will be a way to stop this.

Hope this helps, Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong ?

Press the stop/start button twice and the radio will go off, otherwise just use the radio power button. The radio not going off until you open the door is normal. As far as I'm aware the slot is only there to hold the key, apart from that it doesn't do anything.

Press the stop/start button twice and the radio will go off, otherwise just use the radio power button. The radio not going off until you open the door is normal. As far as I'm aware the slot is only there to hold the key, apart from that it doesn't do anything.

You learn something new every day, strangely enough I've never pressed the button twice when stopping as I thought this would re-start the car. Silly me!

The slot is there just to hold the key really, although I do think it has a sensor so it knows when the key is in there - hence why the electrics don't go off when the door is opened.

Thanks guys. I figured it was a feature with the keyless-go. On all my other cars, I knew the ignition was off when the radio was off but I've stalled her a few times and hit my rubbish bin as I've forgotten the car was still running :smiley:

As the rest have said, normal :smile: press the start/stop button once more after the engine is off and it'll kill the electrics too

ETA: Probably once of the nicest/most useful features the Clio has IMO haha :tongueout:

the slot also allows you to start the car when the boot is open, and start the car when the key battery is dead

i also have read it charges a internal battery, but that may be bull****

Can't see it being a means to charge the battery.. But yes a handy feature, also at least with the 200ts keeping the card in the slots plays the radio for longer when engine off.

Ok, while we're on the topic of weird Clio features, can anyone tell me how the hell you END a phone call when phone is connected over bluetooth?

I press the down arrow to pick up the call, but after a over a year now I'm yet to work out how to end the call without using my phone!

My brother called me not long ago, phone in pocket, driving, said bye, and the call was still going. He refused to end the call as he thought it was hilarious I couldn't! :rain:

Also had 1-2 instances of my car answering an incoming call, without me doing anything. That's a weird experience haha

Have a feeling mine isn't working then as I had already tried that before. It works fine to mute the radio and unmute, but doesn't seem to work at all with phone calls.

Will test again later :001_huh:

ETA: haven't tried the phone yet but Clio 197 doesn't have any pickup/put down call icon on the controls. Just a mute audio icon on the mute button

Last edited:
Mine does the same even with upgraded head unit, i like it because sometimes i like to sing along up until the door opens haha

[MENTION=30189]jamesgw200[/MENTION] I've tested this today - the mute button can be used to pick up a call, and when on a call, press it to put the call on hold. But there still doesn't seem to be a way to end the phone call. Tried pressing and holding, tried pressing twice in quick succession.

Not sure if my Clio is "broken" ... any other 197 owners have any idea how to do this?