Radiator mount removal

What are you removing the radiator support beam or the whole thing to replace as you can just undo the bolt on the side and the two forwar vertial bolts just put a strap around the rad assembly over the slam panel to take it weight when you remove the support beam.
1596832429581.png

Reactions: PITA
I’m replacing it with an aluminium support from Josh Wheeler, it has no legs just the rad support bar.

1483E9A8-8E7A-4793-99CB-EA1DEA4D0AED.jpeg

I put two big washers on the subframe pins where the support would of been usually.

Sure it would be fine without. But I just wanted it to sit as it was originally on mine.

Reactions: PITA
Do You think you can spin the radiator bracket around to point to the rear and cable tie it down the profile of the other part that holds the subframe minimum hassle and the original rad support can be put back on. Or put some support under the frame and do one side at a time or felling full race use it as a support for air brake duct supports ( 4" grinder cut it off).

Another thing to think about is the sump guard bolts into the rad support legs so your running without protection for the engine sump from rocks and impacts, aux timing belt from tiny stones that can get under the belt which can cut it and jam the timing, also the plastic inner arch protectors button to the legs lastly for a horizonal object like a speed bump can hit the sump drive the engine back and also directly damage the exhaust system along with the engine mounts.

Not wanting to be negative about the whole thing just there is a lot of other things to think about and accept when you bolt on Clio cup style parts
1596883266998.png
1596884821990.png
1596884901503.png

Even the Clio Maxi runs a standard rad support
1596885231131.png

Thanks for the reply, all covers will be reinstalled with modified fixings etc