Rack bush

If you buy one they send you a pdf guide, I think there's one knocking around the forum too.

I have one to fit when I change the inner and outer track rods, probably won't be til next year or until they clearly need replacing.

I changed the inner and outer track rod ends and I bought one of those bushes to change it if it was needed, I could not find any play as I was chasing a nocking noise and thought that might be it but did not fit the bush at the time. But I can say the only problem I can see is putting the boots back on the track rod ends you have limited space to get the metal band tool on so in all honesty if the sub frame was out to do say the manifold then the antiroll bar bushes and track rod ends would be no more difficult than changing a wheel and almost as quick. Anyway with difficulty I got the band straps done to a reasonable state with the tool actually if there was one that went in from the side would be perfect.
upload_2018-10-28_0-18-59.png

Reactions: Jim333
I managed to get some pincers like the knipex ones in the video in and used the driveshaft as a rest for one handle and just pressed on the other handle to close the clip, took a lot of force though doing it one handed did do both sides like that though

Yes with that tool it would be a much easier job a little bit of piping over the handles for some more leverage when needed that's spot on.