Race dash, and general UI chat!

Hi there,

In a pretty backward way I would like to rid my 197 of abs, problem being I know it causes a hole host of problems, no epas, no speedo and best of all warning lights galore!

I've been offered a full race tech dash pro 2 at the right money and it's given me a few ideas. Get shot of the abs (no lights), speedo is gps and the benefit of a nice interface for on track.

I'm handy with the electronics side, I make retro fitting cruise brackets and I'm an electrical engineer by trade.

Has anyone had any experience with abs deletes and race dashs on standard management?

Connect CAN from the OBD2 port to the Dash 2 Pro, and should be able to map the channels in the Race Tech software.

I think it is Pin 6 CAN High, Pin 14 CAN Low on the Renault OBD2 plug.
I reckon the channel maps themselves should be easy enough to work out, as plenty of Android apps out there for Renault etc with OBD2 CAN support.

If you buy an AIM MXS it's all done for you, but it's £1800 :\

Yea that side of it is grand..
Connect CAN from the OBD2 port to the Dash 2 Pro, and should be able to map the channels in the Race Tech software.

I think it is Pin 6 CAN High, Pin 14 CAN Low on the Renault OBD2 plug.
I reckon the channel maps themselves should be easy enough to work out, as plenty of Android apps out there for Renault etc with OBD2 CAN support.

If you buy an AIM MXS it's all done for you, but it's £1800 :\

I'm wondering do they run without the clocks. I'm going to look at the wiring diagrams and take them out tomorrow,,

Are you intending to completely remove the clocks from the car? If so, what other standard electronics are you planning on leaving in the car? With them being linked via CAN you may have some problems.

You could do what Lambo did with the old Gallardo Super Trofeo cars and take the standard dash and tape it under the dash section, out of sight and put a motorsport dash in its place. That way all the car electronics will continue to function correctly and you'll have a nicer display to look at!

Are you intending to completely remove the clocks from the car? If so, what other standard electronics are you planning on leaving in the car? With them being linked via CAN you may have some problems.

You could do what Lambo did with the old Gallardo Super Trofeo cars and take the standard dash and tape it under the dash section, out of sight and put a motorsport dash in its place. That way all the car electronics will continue to function correctly and you'll have a nicer display to look at!

At the stage mate where I think the only thing electrical I want that's on the can is epas. So just not going to be smart to try keep the standard ecu. .. Went through the wiring diagrams today. Even when looking at ecus I don't think I want an sc delta with can, just figure out the epas myself. I'm sure a mk2 controller or similar will work.