RAC- really atrocious customer ( service)

So my car got recovered today by the 2nd truck that arrived. The first one came thinking my car was a regular non sport Clio and couldn't tow it. My insurance failed to tell them that it was a Sport. Waited a further 40 mins for the 2nd. 4.5 hours freezing said nads off yesterday and just 3 today
So now it's at chosen garage waiting on news, with everything crossed, yes even those.
I've googled the issues I'm having and see from past posts that it does point towards an immobilizer issue. Just hoping that it's detected quickly and not a process of a costly elimination process.
Anyways the point of the post: don't buy RAC cover, they suck!!

Reactions: Beany
another post code lottery.

What is the difference between sports and non sports in terms of tow trucks being able to tow the car?

Reactions: Jimmy
another post code lottery.

What is the difference between sports and non sports in terms of tow trucks being able to tow the car?

If a flat bed comes to pick it up the angle of its ramp would be too steep so if it attempted to get the Clio on it would scrape the front bumper because of how low they are compared to non sports

Reactions: Dmonk197
I personally have had the pleasure of the rac coming out to my Van many times as Renault warranty uses them. Yup slow and useless

Sorry to hear that Shelly. Hopefully the diagnosis won't be anything too serious... Keep us posted.

diff people diff experience..sorry to hear Shell..im not with them but it can happen..shame though.

RAC contract out a lot of their work so it's a lottery. The AA have far more of their own patrol and recovery guys.