197: R27 F1 info

Yeah I know it's not a huge amount of difference, but my current car sits at under 3k so even 3.5k seems a lot to me..

That's just the norm.

Don't get a RS if you want fuel economy. It doesn't matter what gear box you get, the mpg you get from the car will be negligible.

I'm not bothered about mpg, I'm currently driving a Focus RS running 330bhp and 405lb/ft, averaging below 20mpg. It's the fact it'll be louder..

Hmm, I'm confused by the reply from Renault. My car is an October 2007 registration and using the calculations given must have the later box. At 70 on the cruise control, just above 70 on the speedo I am doing bang on 3500 rpm.

Does that mean my car was built and registered within a matter of days?

not wanting to sound like and echo.....but the figures given are approximate and there is speedo and rev counter differences!!!!!!

i did put early gearbox = 18mph/1000rpm and later 20mph/1000rpm :argue:

read post 9 & 16 :innocent:

And post #20 for the exact figures :smiley:

From Carl_T at RENAULT UK:

Hi,
The change to the revised gearbox was made in October 2007 (ie. vehicles built in that month onwards). But, it is not possible from the registration date to know if your car was built before October 2007.
Some cars have also had gearboxes changed and therefore this could alter what we would have on our records. The best way to ascertain which gearbox the car has is to drive it
In 6th gear, 1000rpm = 18.9 mph on the early gearboxes and 20.5mph on the later gearboxes.
Hope this helps.
Kind regards
Carl