R20 BTG - Supreme Motorsport Track Car Build

IainMac

Paid Member
The carbon roof scoop arrived a few weeks ago but I've decided not to fit it, and I've since sold it on. I wasn't happy with the quality for the amount it cost, and to be honest I completely bailed at the thought of cutting a hole in my nice roof.

F81F692C-C5BA-4146-A076-54C0B3834DD7_1_105_c.jpeg
6B7FBE75-0DD3-447F-A6A7-BBBF162D13B6_1_105_c.jpeg

7AEC0AB2-CC0D-4E97-9521-A821AE20EB2D_1_105_c.jpegD1713AEE-2BF0-4FE4-8D69-FF72D6CE8252_1_105_c.jpeg

Reactions: Joec1996 and RSRowe

RSRowe

Paid Member
Still looks pretty smart though! Wont have to think about keeping cool until at least June now anyways :laughing:

strell

Gold Member
Just got through this whole thread over the last few days.
Great build and looks like you’ve had a lot of fun!
That cage is a work of art!
Hopefully see you out on track at some point.

Last edited:
Reactions: IainMac

IainMac

Paid Member
How’s the carbon fibre aerial bung holding up? I’m fitting one next week.
As good as it was the day it went on. My car is garaged apart from when it comes out on track, if it was parked outside all the time I can’t vouch for the lacquer’s ability to stand UV but mine is good so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Onrus

IainMac

Paid Member
Tiny update, sorted the replacement tow strap. Corbeau had a sale on and I got a 22cm Luke strap delivered for a tenner. Can’t complain at that!

I put Loctite on the replacement bolt and trimmed a bit more of the tow bar cover with the Dremel to let the fabric tow strap sit neatly behind the cover. Hopefully this one will stay on!

Big Ben

Winner - POTM February 2018
Paid Member
Tiny update, sorted the replacement tow strap. Corbeau had a sale on and I got a 22cm Luke strap delivered for a tenner. Can’t complain at that!

I put Loctite on the replacement bolt and trimmed a bit more of the tow bar cover with the Dremel to let the fabric tow strap sit neatly behind the cover. Hopefully this one will stay on!

Be handy for pulling you out at Donny next month!:poke:

Reactions: IainMac

IainMac

Paid Member
Bought them off my mate Nige (@pinderwagen) who needed road legal wet weather tyres for TF at the Nurburgring. Thought I’d give them a whirl as they were cheaper than the equivalent PS4.

The advice he gave is that they’re great in the wet but as soon as it starts to dry, come in and change to a more dry focused tyre as you’ll burn through these in no time. That’s where the PS4 might be easier as you can just leave them on as wet conditions turn to dry.

Reactions: strell

Similar Thread Suggestions