Quick clean and sunset

With the surprisingly nice weather today, I gave the 197 a quick going over - just a wash with some Born to be Mild, Meg's wax and Autoglym Glass Polish. Only just got all the wax off after leaving it to cure before the sun set!

Took it out on one of the nearby lanes and took a couple of snaps.

Clio front.jpg

Clio back.jpg

I've had the car nearly two months now. I wouldn't say I'm finding it hard to live with, more just the moments where it makes you think "wow" are few and far between. It's just so normal at low speed, driving around town - it doesn't feel at all special, it's very refined. Sometimes that's not a bad thing though!

I've taken it on the Snake Pass a few times (awesome fun- apart from the traffic), and also on one of my favourite routes in the Yorkshire Dales (Skipton > Aysgarth > Hawes > Ribblehead Viaduct), and what can I say... it's just awesome. If you ever have cause to go up to the Dales, take the B6255 from Hawes to the Ribblehead Viaduct - just make sure you have enough fuel!

Given a well sighted A-road, I can't believe that there is anything more fun than one of these, they are just so good given dry tarmac, sweeping bends and no traffic. Just such a shame that opportunities to really open the taps are increasingly fleeting these days.

Joe

Similar Thread Suggestions