Questions for 200t owners

Hi all,
been looking at getting a 200t for a while now just after a few questions been answerd
1st mpg for normal driving ? (drive 60 miles a day for work has to be a factor)
2nd reliability has anyone had any major problems
3rd best colour choice torn between LY and White
4th the contervertiol one gearbox ? Is it quick and responsive
thanks Jack

3rd question, albeit just being the 200, I always had my heart set on getting one in white, but the LY just looks stunning in person, makes people turn heads! Always wanted a white car though so wouldn't blame for getting one in white!

LY is probably swaying it for me at the minute
also been looking at exhausts for the 200t I know Miltek make one but can't find a video on the system itself
and ktr, anyone got any feedback on any of these exhausts ?
And the eibach springs ?

1. MPG I average 32, but I dont hang around on country roads. 35-38 on the motorway.
2. No major problems reported so far, a few smaller ones (mine had a engine mount go)
3. LY for me, but I'm bias, I test drove a white one and it looks good
4. In race its instant changes, very quick and responsive, in sport theres a very minor delay, hardly noticeable, in normal mode there is a delay, but I use it in auto in this mode.

If you go for White make sure it is Pearl white over the standard Glacier White. Its only available on the newer euro 6 200T's though

53mpg on the Motorway?! Even Renault wouldn't claim that much!! Typo surely.

I average around 32-36mpg with mixed driving, commute to work. Passenger door won't lock with central locking, locks with the key. Only issue I've had, need a trip to dealers.

Gearbox is great, shift times dependent on RS mode, very fast in Race mode.

Not sure it really needs an aftermarket exhaust. Centre silencer removal is probably enough. Some aftermarket exhausts are no louder than standard, cant remember which one though!

I have KTR/Eibach springs fitted. Great mod, improves handling and looks good. Highly recommended.

Mines is solid white (Glacier). Not seen a metallic white one.

Simon.

Thanks for the offer mate I've test driven one but it was a short 15 minute drive on unfamiliar roads so didn't really get a feel for the car

Love mine, ticks all the boxes. Gearbox is spot on tbh, even in normal mode the changes are quick enough for you to go to work/shops etc. As for reliability ive not had any problems yet, no crushes changing gear or hiccups. You will notice thou with the fuel gauge it does go down quick once it comes of the full mark but its just the way Renault have set it up.

Only thing that annoys me is the wipers are either too slow or too fast, I cant seem to get a decent setting. And on auto they go mental lol. And if I was to do a trackday again, ide have to change the suspension. too much body roll for my liking. Other than that I believe they are a lot better cars to live with day to day than the 197/200's.

Last edited:
1) 30/32 locally and 36/38 on a decent run. I did have the trip show 40.7 on a VERY gentle touring run once. Depends on so many variables (like with any car).

2) Mines been generally reliable. But as someone else commented, the auto wipers do sometimes seem to have a mind of their own. It either works really well on auto, or it's pants. Would just rather have an adjustable intermittent wipe myself. My gearbox lost all even numbered gears once, but an updated gearbox map seemed to sort it (been fine since). Only did this once (once was enough!) and it appears to be a VERY rare issue, could only find one other complaint on the Internet about this with an EDC box (not on a Clio though). I also think the headlights are pants, even with upgraded bulbs. But then again, I did come from a car with HIDs.

3) Got to be LY. Great colour and unique to the RS.

4) As others have commented... normal auto is fine but not that sharp (does the job though). But if actually "driving" the car, you want to be in manual (sport or race) and it's fine then (IMPO).

BUT... as usual. It's really a car (like any I suppose) that you want to get a GOOD test drive in, the longer the better and then decide if it's the car for you.

If you get the chance, then try and pick one up with the RS monitor (I like toys myself and wish I had one). Also the rear parking sensors (and/or parking camera) are also worth getting if you can. Small high back window does not give great rearward visibility. Or I could just be rubbish at reverse parking I suppose :lol2:

PS. Also worth mentioning, that the latest euro 6 models come with an extra 20Nm of torque (and the dreaded stop/start).

Last edited:
Auto wipers are pants, lol. Pissing it down and they decide to just sit there and have a rest! Headlights (candles) ****. I rarely drive at night so not a big one for me.

Auto wipers are pants, lol. Pissing it down and they decide to just sit there and have a rest! Headlights (candles) ****. I rarely drive at night so not a big one for me.

I'll second the one about the wipers mine ****s itself in heavy rain and they stop working you then have to pull over and reset car by taking the card out and in
lights are pants
Ive fitted a unsilenced cat removed miltek full system and it's a quiet as a mouse ( rubbish ) don't buy , although there is a little boost in low down power but nothing more up top