Purchasing a meglio

Hello, I'm 22 years old with 2 years no claims looking to buy my first performance car (coming from a 1.4 punto) I'm just wondering if it's bad idea to purchase a clio with a r26 engine in it. I'm also wondering what the insurance would be like (I live in quite a low insurance area) thank you.

No one can answer that, as your insurance is priced on your own details.
I imagine it would be cheaper to buy and insure a Megane, rather than trying to justify to your insurance all the mods of a Meg engined Clio.

My Meglio at 304bhp and all mods declared was £369 from memory but I'm a lot older than you. That was with greenlight.

The issue you have with places like Greenlight is that the insurers they work with want history of you driving similar powered cars, I had a Clio R27 before moving to my Megane 275 and there were no issues when it came to insuring. (I'm 27 for reference)

My brother who's in his late 30's enquired about a 300bhp Fiesta ST with Greenlight a couple of weeks ago and they wouldn't insure him because his current car was an Audi A4 Avant, even though his previous car was a Golf R.

They say that people usually go in stages for example: Year 1 ownership - Clio 197, Year 2 Ownership - Clio 197 Remapped, Year 3 Ownership - Meg conversion 197 etc etc

They recommended Adrian Flux who came back at a reasonable price.

I bought my Clio R27 (Standard engine) when I was 20 and the insurance wasn't too bad tbh, I think the issues might start when you look at meg converted ones.

The issue you have with places like Greenlight is that the insurers they work with want history of you driving similar powered cars, I had a Clio R27 before moving to my Megane 275 and there were no issues when it came to insuring. (I'm 27 for reference)

My brother who's in his late 30's enquired about a 300bhp Fiesta ST with Greenlight a couple of weeks ago and they wouldn't insure him because his current car was an Audi A4 Avant, even though his previous car was a Golf R.

They say that people usually go in stages for example: Year 1 ownership - Clio 197, Year 2 Ownership - Clio 197 Remapped, Year 3 Ownership - Meg conversion 197 etc etc

They recommended Adrian Flux who came back at a reasonable price.

I bought my Clio R27 (Standard engine) when I was 20 and the insurance wasn't too bad tbh, I think the issues might start when you look at meg converted ones.

Strange as I went from a vw Touran to my Meglio. But I did insure it as a second car to start with?