Protecting rubber door seals

stuey

Gold Member
Hi guys, I have read on the RSport forum that a guy is using AG Vinyl and Rubber care on his door seals to help look after them. As I have read that so many people have had these split (the one next to the rear side glass), I am keen to try and avoid this and another battle with Renault warranty wise.
Is there any products people are using to keep these seals in good nick?

The door seals were split on both sides of mine, had them replaced by Renault and they did a shocking job! They fell off the next day! So I would recommend looking after them. I will be from now on.

The door seals were split on both sides of mine, had them replaced by Renault and they did a shocking job! They fell off the next day! So I would recommend looking after them. I will be from now on.

It starting to happen to me now.

How much are they?

What happens when they split? Do they let more wind noise in? I think they're split on mine but as I didn't have the car from new i'm not sure how they affect things?

What happens when they split? Do they let more wind noise in? I think they're split on mine but as I didn't have the car from new i'm not sure how they affect things?

Ye you just get more wind noise, no fear of any water getting in.

Mine are split from top to bottom both sides and just flap around.

Ye, they just look a bit cra*** too! I'm not sure how much they are, mine were done under warrenty. Ford did a better job of sticking it on when I had the side resprayed (long story, don't ask)! Lol! The best thing to do by the looks is to use double sided sticky on both sides and pack them out from the body side. Then treat them with some rubber care stuff.

Thanks for the input guys. I have ordered the product that was recommended by both people, it is the same stuff. Hopefully it will help prevent any problems.

haha love the comments and mine are split half way on drivers side and just starting on the passenger side, renault told me they are not covered on my extended warranty, is that crap or true

Wouldnt surprise me tbh. I had to read out the warranty t&c's to a CS manager on one issue, she then changed her stance very quickly. Have you tried Renault CS or just the dealer?