Pressed Number Plates

Anyone know of a place they'd like to reccommend to buy a pair of pressed plates?

Are they legal?

Thanks in advancesssss :smile:

Got mine from Dubmeister.co.uk. Also got my dads from there.

Top quality and fully legal. Carry all the correct marking required by law.

I bought a set from eBay, can't remember the trader name though.

I'm pretty sure mine are legal, they are the right size and font, they're reflective and have the BSAN(?) number on them

Ive always used dubmeister.co.uk Ive had a few sets over the past couple of years and the quality is brill and there completely road legal.

They are available with and without the GB badge.

Nice one. Good info. I will invest! Mine do look shabby...

Will it be suitable to sent off a copy of my driving license and a copy of my Registration Document (V5C)?....Rather than just send the originals?

Nice one. Good info. I will invest! Mine do look shabby...

Will it be suitable to sent off a copy of my driving license and a copy of my Registration Document (V5C)?....Rather than just send the originals?

Yer if you ring them to confirm first, and they will ask you to order them off the website and then just emailed scans of your v5 and driving licence.

Thats they way they let me do it a few weeks ago anyway, so I cant see why they wouldn't do it again.

Please don't go pressed metal, they look awful on everything. If your looking something different go genuine carbon fibre, its the future!

Yer if you ring them to confirm first, and they will ask you to order them off the website and then just emailed scans of your v5 and driving licence.

Thats they way they let me do it a few weeks ago anyway, so I cant see why they wouldn't do it again.

Cheers bud. I'll give them a call! I can scan my seized at work and email easy peasy

Please don't go pressed metal, they look awful on everything. If your looking something different go genuine carbon fibre, its the future!

Really...? Show me photos of genuine carbon fibre mate...justify your madness ! :smiley:

Provided with prices...I can see the cost trebling, if not more...:glare:

Cheers bud. I'll give them a call! I can scan my shiz at work and email easy peasy :smile: :smile:

Really...? Show me photos of genuine carbon fibre mate...justify your madness ! :smiley:

Cheers dean

say_what_2125.jpg

Here you go. Not the best photos it its hard to get the weave in a photo.

IMAG0246.gif

IMAG0237.gif

IMAG0238.gif

I got the carbon fibre blanks from carbon mods and a local vinyl sign place did the yellow and white covers. All in they cost me around £50. They also look far better in real life as oposed to my dodgy photos!

Not very legal though

I'd argue that.

They have the legal font, are reflective, the plate size is the legal requirement as is the font size, the writing is black and when on my Focus (all I did when I bought the Clio was change the vinyl) they went through MOT with out any queries. Also under UK law a '3D' effect is allowed to the standard font but effects such as italics etc are not allowed. The carbon weave is a '3D' effect.

Last edited:
The font isn't black though. (Ok I'm being a pedant here) Its carbon fibre. They are not legal in the eyes of the law, but you'd hope the police would see sense and only tell you to change them.

I'd argue that.

They have the legal font, are reflective, the plate size is the legal requirement as is the font size, the writing is black and when on my Focus (all I did when I bought the Clio was change the vinyl) they went through MOT with out any queries. Also under UK law a '3D' effect is allowed to the standard font but effects such as italics etc are not allowed. The carbon weave is a '3D' effect.

Can't see details of he manufacturer written on them unless I missed that though, sure you'd likely never have a problemwith them but it only takes one jobsworth bobby.

http://www.theplatemarket.com/display_of_registration_numbers.php#britishstandard

Last edited: