Play in gearbox selector arm

I seem to have quite alot of play in one of the selector forks on the gearbox. Is this normal as I've never experienced this before.

I've had a few gearboxes that have all been like that without issues. I wouldn't worry about it personally. But Mark will give you a good answer when he pops online.

Bumping this again.

Mine has play like this one, think it's possibly part of my vibration issues after changing to the PMS shifter.

Is there a fix/cure for this? Even if it even reduces the amount of play slightly or am I looking at a box out refurb job? I'll do it eventually although would rather hang on until a synchro etc goes...

Bumping this again.

Mine has play like this one, think it's possibly part of my vibration issues after changing to the PMS shifter.

Is there a fix/cure for this? Even if it even reduces the amount of play slightly or am I looking at a box out refurb job? I'll do it eventually although would rather hang on until a synchro etc goes...
Given that you can replace the selectors with short shift equivalents but supposedly is not a job with the box in, I can't imagine it'll be doable on the car.

Tbh it's a pain getting them off, off the car [emoji23]

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: Addison