Picking up my 197 tomorrow!

Hi all,
Thought seeing as i've gone and bought a 197 (upgraded from a 1.2) that i should actually start posting on here.

Well, here it is:

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/uv...alers/1184/1184&id=201052376221443&distance=0

Sorry for the huge pics...

2220e9ce.jpg

IMG_0728.jpg

I really can't wait! Took it on the test drive and it was so nice to drive, plenty of power too :smiley:

Funnily enough, on the way back to the dealer at the end of the test drive I got waved at by someone in an RB 197 with white stripes :tongueout: (In Whitchurch, Bristol on Friday about 11am)

First thing I plan on doing is removing the stripes. The dealer put them on to make the car stand out haha

Thanks guys :smile: A nice warm welcome

Welcome to the site mate! When are you picking it up!?

Lol I couldn't make my mind up about the stripes so I think removing them is a wise move! I don't know if you have ever seen the Cup Racer decals, they could be a good replacement?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Renault-Clio-...CarParts_SM&hash=item3a5a1cf601#ht_1410wt_905

:welcome:

Picking it up tomorrow at 10.30am (earliest time i could get it). Can't wait! Will feel a bit sad leaving my little 1.2 behind, had it for 2 years and done some tasteful mods to it, made it my own :smile:

The 197 i saw on the test drive had the cup racer stripe across the bonnet in white, looked alright but i think i might just keep it plain.

I have seen some of your cars before as I had a wander through your stand at FCS last year, I was with my 1.2 on the cliosport.net stand. Ialready knew i wanted a 197 then and was looking for inspiration :smiley:

Good colour choice! Plenty of nimbuses turning up on here now! Yer the stripes are a bit marmite. Think youre doing the right thing removing them! I bet it feels like a rocket ship compared to the 1.2! Enjoy the fuel consumption! lol

Welcome to the club!

Good colour choice! Plenty of nimbuses turning up on here now! Yer the stripes are a bit marmite. Think youre doing the right thing removing them! I bet it feels like a rocket ship compared to the 1.2! Enjoy the fuel consumption! lol

Welcome to the club!

Thanks mate, I have been looking at pictures of yours for ideas actually, yours looks mint!

Test drive was fantastic, I have driven other cars that are faster than the 1.2, like 2.0 cdti Mondeos and a BMW 320d Estate, but the 197 was in a league of it's own in terms of speed, handling and pure enjoyment.

Had my father with me in the car (he's not slim haha) and in my 1.2 it barely moves, but couldnt even tell he was there in the 197. He told me to put my foot down when we got to a duel carriageway up a hill and i was so surprised at how well it went up, before i was half way up the hill i had to back off as i was doing.... a bit faster than i should have been :-p

Had a smile on my face the whole time driving it so i am soooo looking forward to tomorrow!

welcome fella :thumbup:

make sure you get both keycards and the locking wheel bolt adaptor :thumbup1:

Picked it up this morning.... god its awesome!

So much nicer to drive than my old 1.2!
Im loving the ease of use with the keyless entry and start button too :tongueout:

Also, the dealer didnt recognise that it came with the upgraded 6 disc stereo and Parrot hands free kit, so those are added bonuses!

Ive decided to keep the stripes on for now, its not very nice weather out and i think they're growing on me...

I upgraded from a 1.2 TCE MK3 to the R27 and mmmm I know your feeling. The smile you get as you join a motorway.. the noise of just driving around getting used to it... god its sexy. The stripes look well IMO as they are not to large and the colour of the car suits it! well done. The only thing I would think about changing is getting some recaro's but that's only for a bit of fun :smile:

Welcome to the site matey. I like the 197s in nimbus, not so sure on the stripes though. You got any plans for it? Or you like them nice n standard?

Welcome. Your not too far from me, see you around bath!

Say's Bath but its really Norton-Radstock, but its much easier just to say Bath :wink:

Hopefully i'll see you around, although i'm mainly in Bristol as I work for the MoD at Abbey Wood.