Picked up my 200t tonight! 5th Clio!

Arran

I Love Lamp
Platinum Member
Been and traded my 182 in tonight for a Flame Red Clio 200t Lux.

I haven't driven it far yet, but I can't believe how quick it felt on the short run I went on.

DSC_1178_zpsolpejfss.jpg

It's a Lux non cup but with leather seats. Shame it hasn't got 18" wheels, but the ride is good!

Thanks everyone.

Some of you may remember me from a few years ago when I had a 197. I was West Midlands area rep for a while.

DSCF2537.jpg

I really miss that car. Hoping the 200 will be a worth successor. Unfortunately my wife didn't get on with the 182 and after numerous issues and many £s spent I was struggling to warrant keeping it. The missus hated driving it. I loved how it felt, so raw and fun. After every drive I fell in love all over again, only the negatives were outweighing the positives. So I decided to get something newer, more reliable and more importantly something that my wife will enjoy driving.

My 200t in its favourite place fantastic car forget the reports in the press

What does it get slated for ?

****As much as it is growing on me im still not a die-hard of the later shape. But - having been a passenger in one; and having a short drive - i loved everything about it. Interior was fantastic, drove great and went very well. If the press are slating the gearbox.....(Have i read that somewhere ?) i loved that too !

What does it get slated for ?

****As much as it is growing on me im still not a die-hard of the later shape. But - having been a passenger in one; and having a short drive - i loved everything about it. Interior was fantastic, drove great and went very well. If the press are slating the gearbox.....(Have i read that somewhere ?) i loved that too !
Hi bud yes gear box 5 doors seats brakes (But for me all better than my FF200 my only negative comment too soft on the front end though eau rouge at 100 mph plus

I've no doubt the cars 'better' in most departments compared to a 200. Thats evolution for you.......

HA HA....not sure your problem would have been entirely thoroughly discussed during the pre-build planning meetings ! You going to do something about it ?

I've no doubt the cars 'better' in most departments compared to a 200. Thats evolution for you.......

HA HA....not sure your problem would have been entirely thoroughly discussed during the pre-build planning meetings ! You going to do something about it ?
Yes a new 220T so much more involving to drive

Yes a new 220T so much more involving to drive

Hahaha again. That should do the trick !

Quick Google found me this:

"Don’t expect corners to slow it up much either: the Trophy lives up to its suspension’s billing, negating the 200’s weight transfer tendencies by barely dipping a wing at turn-in, and thereafter turning the engine’s faster, freer spin into a balanced and properly tacky mid-bend hunker - one made all the more palpable by a steering rack that feels as though some of the old responsiveness has been returned to it.

The hardly surprising downside of turning up the chassis’ wick is that Renault has taken a substantial bite out of the Clio’s ride comfort, which was previously one of its most likable assets.

The uncompromising approach taken to vertical body movements is decidedly old school, so expect jowls to jiggle in town and bottoms to leave seats on bumpy B-roads. Clearly, this speaks to the Trophy’s circuit-focused tuning - a stated Renaultsport objective - and is of the type that a right-minded niche buyer probably wouldn’t blanche at".

Reactions: nutnutwelshman
Hahaha again. That should do the trick !

Quick Google found me this:

"Don’t expect corners to slow it up much either: the Trophy lives up to its suspension’s billing, negating the 200’s weight transfer tendencies by barely dipping a wing at turn-in, and thereafter turning the engine’s faster, freer spin into a balanced and properly tacky mid-bend hunker - one made all the more palpable by a steering rack that feels as though some of the old responsiveness has been returned to it.

The hardly surprising downside of turning up the chassis’ wick is that Renault has taken a substantial bite out of the Clio’s ride comfort, which was previously one of its most likable assets.

The uncompromising approach taken to vertical body movements is decidedly old school, so expect jowls to jiggle in town and bottoms to leave seats on bumpy B-roads. Clearly, this speaks to the Trophy’s circuit-focused tuning - a stated Renaultsport objective - and is of the type that a right-minded niche buyer probably wouldn’t blanche at".
Yes love it fantastic car to drive highly recommended

Cheaper option is 200t with a remap and coilovers, that will be faster than the trophy and cheaper.

They are great cars and got bashed as it was such a drastic change to the 200s, but they altered too much at once rather than gradually bringing it all in.. I love mine!!

Cheaper option is 200t with a remap and coilovers, that will be faster than the trophy and cheaper.

They are great cars and got bashed as it was such a drastic change to the 200s, but they altered too much at once rather than gradually bringing it all in.. I love mine!!
Mine was cheap @Chris

Similar Thread Suggestions