Ph1 172 daily

melvin1993

Scotland | Alba Rep
First of not sure if this is the right place for this so feel
free to move it :smile:

well ill work was pretty flat out and managed to save a good bit of money so decided to but a car for winter/a daily, I didn't fancy the thought of anything happening to the 200

so I looked a round and viewed a few cars (a lot of dogs out there!) but settled on a Y reg ph1 clio 172, seemed very clean and we'll maintained so I bought it, had a few problems with the car before I even got home, the coil pack had started playing up so I went back to the person I bought it from he said he would fix it so no probls there, so after a new set of plugs, leads and a coil pack I finally got it home. But the problems didn't stop there once I got it home there was a massive puddle of water under it and it was overheating slightly, luckily it was an easy fix. Just chopped about 20mm of the top of the rad hose to get rid of the hole the leak was coming from and put it together with a system flush and new fluid and it was good as new
this was it after it's first wash
null_zpscf946f9a.png

the problems didn't stop there, on the road to work one morning last week the back box fell clean off the car :worried: so had to buy an exhaust ( good excuse to buy one any way) so ordered a Ktec supersport stealth system
null_zps39e56076.jpg
Had also ordered engien and gearbox oil just so I know what's inside it so this came in the post same day as the exhaust
null_zps1cf764a4.jpg
car sounds a lot healthier with this in it now so that's always a plus. Decided to take it to a mechanic friend of mine just to give it a once over to see if there was anything that needed done, the problems continue haha it needed a new front left track rod end front right wheel bearing and a rear left bearing! So the track rod end was done last night and the rest will be done next week :smile:

also so got as set of original F1 oz wheels with the car
null_zps662b6c14.jpg
Fitted these with toyo t1rs

at the weekend had time to give it a really good detail so here's some photos hope you like them :smile:
null_zpsb0a223f8.jpg
null_zps21a125f7.jpg
null_zps4c2820f3.jpg

The plans for the car are run it for about 2 years and slowly turn it into a fast road/track car and maybe get it peeped for some hill climbs

Looking good mate I have seen your updates on Instergram I have often thought about doing something like this.

Cheers guys! Still a bout rough round the edges but it's getting there :smile: hopefully once winters over I can think about lowering it amd restoring it a bit better

I quiet like the orange for some reason haha

If it works I'll be taking up but the HT leads are ****ed on it as of tonight so need to buy new ones. Getting sick fixing it ! It's eating more money than my 200 and that's just not fair

an Giles it's got the heavy as **** one :worried: it's on the list to get one tho :smile:

i miss my troubled french car! haha the fez had been solid. the clio was not. but the Ph1 will be fantastic was everything is sorted out! still need to pop up and see it!!

I'd vouch for the fiesta tbh my old one was solid when I had it, survived meany o thrashing and a trip round the drift track at Crail haha,once I sold it tho the clutch fell apart and that was that haha

once the ph1 is fixed it should be good,should