petrol gauge gone crazy!

Last night before i set off on a long trip i thought i'd fill her up (just for peace of mind as she was over 3/4 tank full). Got in £11 before it clicked and went and paid for it. Got back in the car and drove away, looked down at the gauge and it was in the identical same spot as it was before i filled up! so did my journey to see my gf at uni anyway. got up this morning to drive to the shops and the gauge says it's almost a full tank!? now considering i've done 134 motorway miles since i filled up i know this cant be true! anyone else had anything similar??

Could be the fuel tank sender unit, my fuel gauge would'nt read above 3/4 full at one point, replaced tank sender unit and all working fine now.

The exact same thing has happened to me two times in the past.

On both occasions, after rolling for a few meters, i just moved the key from 0 position to I a few times and it snapped back..

I never searched to find out what was wrong but an interesting fact is that both times i had filled it up to full like you did...

yer is strange, i'll see how it is in the next few weeks, as its having its 3rd service on the 23rd feb, if it hasnt fixed itself i'll get the stealers to have a look at it