Performance Upgrade for R27

Hi all,

Apologies if this has been discussed previously but would appreciate some help.....

I live in West Sussex and am looking for a reputable company to perform a Remap on my R27... Any ideas? I'd prefer to stay relatively local where possible.

I am also looking at the obvious filter and exhaust upgrades... What is your recommendations? I am on a fairly tight budget as I have a 1yr old plus I'm getting married next year.... I think an Akrapovic exhaust might be a little out if range :eek:

Lastly, I like the idea of a gloss black/anthracite diffuser - how is this done and is it an easy home 'out of a can' job...

I'd really appreciate any help.

On a side note, I purchased the car last week and am in love... Prefer the look of the 197 to the 200 :wink: - once I have given the car a full detail I shall post some pics.

Ta muchly

Mike:jump1:

K Tec ain't that far away from you. Have a look on their website I'm sure a filter and re-map is around the £300 mark.

I'll give you the front of the 197 looks better but the rear of the 200 is much better.

Edit: just checked they are around 60 miles from you and the upgrade I mentioned is this one: http://www.k-tecracing.com/power_upgrades_package_details.asp?id=3

Thanks Paddy,

Have you had this performed yourself? I have heard good things from K-Tec...

Any idea regarding the diffuser?

I haven't but many on here have. I live in Northern Ireland so they're not the handiest to me. You can fit the 200 diffuser to the 197, there's a guide on here on how to do it if you have a look.

I only have my 200 4 weeks so still learning things about it myself.

I'm swaying more towards repraying the current diffuser as I can't seem to find a 200 one, plus it seems as thought the exhaust fitments may be different...

How are you finding your 200?

How are you finding your 200?

Loving it so far. I have a full fat with the cup chassis and to be honest there have been a couple of occasions when I've wished the suspension was a tad softer (but I'm not on that road too often so it won't matter really). I'm also still getting used to the drop in out right power from my last car (a Focus ST with 270bhp and 400ft/lb of torque) and have had to change my driving style to suit the Clio but I'm getting there. There are a few minor things that I'd like to change and am planning to sort as soon as I can but overall it's a great car.

The diffuser can be done yourself but you'll be better off getting it done professionally. Is easy to take off and put on. I'll be nicer smooth rather than grained as well.

With regards to your exhaust...how bigs your budget? There are plenty to choose from. If you're gonna go ktec for a remap they'll probably do u a package deal on the miltek and people generally give it w decent amount of praise.

If you want a panel filter, it won't do anything than a good clean standard one will do, but itg seems to be everyone's preferred choice.

The diffuser can be done yourself but you'll be better off getting it done professionally. Is easy to take off and put on. I'll be nicer smooth rather than grained as well.

With regards to your exhaust...how bigs your budget? There are plenty to choose from. If you're gonna go ktec for a remap they'll probably do u a package deal on the miltek and people generally give it w decent amount of praise.

If you want a panel filter, it won't do anything than a good clean standard one will do, but itg seems to be everyone's preferred choice.

Are you aware of anyone trying to respray the diffuser? I live the thought of a Nimbus with a black diffuser.

Budget isn't massive due to wedding next year but is something I'd like to do... Have you heard of much joy with a custom set up?

Thanks for the help - I've run a tuned Saxo previously but that had a lot more tuning scope. These seem to be quite highly strung.:001_unsure:

Check my progress thread. I've had my diffuser resprayed :wink:

The only person I know that runs a custom set up on here is Clairey-Lou. However, check the 'definitive exhaust guide' and see what people are running and how they find it.

Personally I'm running a tdf road and I think it's fine. But it's horses for courses really...I think if you're going to run custom...or change the exhaust at all, you need a remap. I think for both you're looking circa 750+ depends on what system you get.

Check my progress thread. I've had my diffuser resprayed :wink:

The only person I know that runs a custom set up on here is Clairey-Lou. However, check the 'definitive exhaust guide' and see what people are running and how they find it.

Personally I'm running a tdf road and I think it's fine. But it's horses for courses really...I think if you're going to run custom...or change the exhaust at all, you need a remap. I think for both you're looking circa 750+ depends on what system you get.

I'll have a look thanks bud... Did you have this done by a garage and if so how much?

I did look at the TDF systems. How are you finding it compared to standard for noise, performance etc.

I liked the idea of custom as then its different to others, although something g like super sprint seem to be popular..

I looked at the super sprint and it was the one I was going to get before I got the tdf. And I only got it because they were doing a promotion on it but I love it. Grumbles well but isn't so loud that when you're cruising you can't hear yourself think, but makes you smile when you put your foot down.

The diffuser I had done by spray shack on here...can't remember the price off the top of my head but it was less than £150. But I had the extra decal put on and a pearl paint. Get it in gloss black it might be less.

I looked at the super sprint and it was the one I was going to get before I got the tdf. And I only got it because they were doing a promotion on it but I love it. Grumbles well but isn't so loud that when you're cruising you can't hear yourself think, but makes you smile when you put your foot down.

The diffuser I had done by spray shack on here...can't remember the price off the top of my head but it was less than £150. But I had the extra decal put on and a pearl paint. Get it in gloss black it might be less.

Thanks pal... I need to have a chat with a few people I think such as K-Tec to fully decide... The diffuser sounds like a garage job then.

Have you tried the 64mm TB?

Last edited:
Nah I haven't bothered with the tb...haven't done much with the engine. Yet lol

Diffuser is Defo a garage job if you want it smooth and proper.

Good luck with whatever you do. Look forward to seeing the end result

Thanks bud. I'm giving her (pending the weather) a full clean and detail tomorrow so hope that she will look the part!:w00t: