Panic attack

Right a very strange thing happened to me yesterday. (still have some of the odd feeling)

I had to go to bham city centre test and on my way home the oddest thing happened to me. Whilst driving I came over all dazed. I have been very stressed for the past few months and think this is a build up.
It was a quick moment. I went hot. Weak, and had to heavy breathe.
then the feeling past. I carried on driving...
when I got back home I met up with my lovely gf
We went and met her sister and dad I'n the local.
I sat there for a lil while and yet again came over dazed. Dizzy, found i was breathing heavily. I started to panic a lil. Having typical panic attack thoughts like I'm dieing etc.

This sort of thing has never happened to me before.
I know I have been a nervios reck for the past few weeks maybe months for many different reasons. I think I just pushed myself over the edge yesterday as I was none stop thinking about things.

I slept a good 12 hours last night to see if that might help the cause. And it some what has.
I still feel odd. a lil loose around the head and im taking the day off to chill out.

I'm just posting this out of interest if anyone else has ever suffered anything like this.
I feel as though I'm somewhat separate to my body and have little control but if I try and not think about it I feel better. I don't have a headache just an ache behind my eyes which I wear glasses for. I may need to wear glasses when driving or something :-(
I'm of good health. Iv been to the doctors alot recently and have been told I'm fine.

I googled my symptoms and panic attacks look to be the cause.
I feel q div posting this but just feel odd. And not on the ball at all. I was 100% fine yesterday morning.
it feels as if I'm about to start a new school or something. but I have no real reason to panic. I have just been thinking slot the last few weeks about work helth and death etc. I normally just get on with things and would laugh if some1 told me this.
I know I have been thinking far to much. And I know panic plays games on your Brain.

Just kinda saying this cuz I Want to know if anyone else gets stressed to this level? And how you sort it, is it just a case of relaxIng and not thinking...

Thanks and sorry for the odd post lol.

ps the clio is holding up well with doing large miles a week :smile:

straight to the doc for you mate and explain all that to them theyll sort u out bud. in the mean time try not to worry too much

It sounds to me like you need to take some time out from the grind that is life, go on holiday for a couple of weeks or something and just relax.

Hope it gets better mate.

Stress or depression would be my guess, buy like others have said - straight to the doc!

From experience, solving the problem is a much better cure than the medication. If somethings stressing you or depressing you, see if it's something you can change or improve

The docs not gonna be much help with this, at best they will provide you with some happy/sleepy pills. My advice would be to book in with a counsellor, sounds like you could do with a good talk through over everything thats running through your mind.
I found it helps a lot to talk through stuff with someone you wouldn't normally have a conversation with when I was in a dark place when my marriage fell apart with the ex slut a few years ago.

Im planning a holiday tonight for may. I use to be so motivated and I have lost all motivation.
extream case of relax time I think is needed. The funny thing is that when I'm commenting or on the phone or talking to some1 I feel fine as my mind isn't thinking about it.
I feel like nut job lol.
Can't believe how you can self cause something like this.

Yer let's just say I'n the past year alot has gone through my head.
I found my dad up to naughtys behind my mums back. Still never said anything.
I over work. And had alot of money held from me almost causingme to go broke.
About 2 months ago I found a movable lump down below hence why I have been to the docs abit. Both told me it was nothing at all, but I have none stop thought about it. And thought of stupid things even though I have been told what it is...
my sales have slowed down and I have lost motivation at work.
I don't feel stressed I just think none stop all the time,
posting this is making me feel better I'n itself.
I will be going to the doctor tomorrow. but I think I may just get up and treat today like any other :smile: minus the work lol

You need to sort your head out tbh. A holiday will do no genuine good, because the issues will still be there when you get back. And the longer you leave things, the worse the consequences will be.

I surprisingly almost felt like I just clicked. And suddenly feel a bit better. Such an odd feeling will be booking an eye test and docs appointment tomorrow. I assume that i may have hurt my eyes. I run a fairly I'n healthy sized mac At work as a compter which I look at almost none stop all day. I am suppose to wear glasses ANd I assume I may have damaged my eyes. I use to not have to wear glasses when driving but now when driving I sometimes find it had to concentrate and get a lol dizzy almost like vertigo. maybe I need to use my glasses to drive :-s
I'm going to get some fresh air and try and sort myself out. :smile: sorry for the mad post. Just thought Id seek some advice as I know there are people like you brown bear who work with eyes etc :smile:
I think maybe I'm Jewish a total hyprocondriact

You won't have damaged your eyes, but if you have an uncorrected prescription when using vdu's, driving etc it can cause eye strain. Combine that with some stress etc, and the symptoms get magnified!

Let us know how you get on.

Speaking from experience prolonged stress tricks your body into what they call FEAR OR FIGHT mode which basically your bodys in a state of high alert and your body pumps out adrenaline in preperation for what it thinks you need to deal with and any threat it thinks its under. This effects eyesight , heartbeat, and of course gives the feelings etc your experiencing.

Normally it subsides naturally but constant stress overloads you with adrenaline which give you this strange to your senseary nervous system.

A Doctor can advise but understanding whats happening is the key .....very best cure is exersice as it uses up the spare adrenaline

If i can help any more please ask
Cheers
Nick

Well iv been asleep all morning and now feel fine :smile:
a lil I'n steady and odd but alot more back to normal :smile: I'll see how I feel later but feel ok now

Not surprised you felt a bit odd..you have had a lot to bottle up one way or the other, and they were not small things...I think you need a bit of time out tbh..even if it's just a week or 2 to take a different perspective on things...I had a hefty health scare last year, and it blew my mind for a while (all ok now)...I just had to slow down a bit (well a lot actually!)- it was a bit of a warning- maybe slowing down a bit would help you?

ive had the exact same thing. work, money, family all in your head but you dont want to cause hassle talking about it so it gets bottled and it all comes out in one go. i nearly crashed my clio on purpose coz i thought everyone hated me!
i went to the docs they asked me a few questions and signed me off for a few weeks put me in touch with a therapist and im pretty much sorted now

so go to the docs then work through things one at a time and dont worry about the other things till you need to. if they try to put you on some anti depressants dont for a start as they can mess you up more initialy. i managed to work through on my own

I went docs yesterday

The doc I saw was not my normal doc but she just said I need to chill out.
As per usual she sent me away to see if things calm down.
I have felt alot better for the past two days.
I'n the morning I wake up and don't really have the urge to get up.
My doc said if it was anything serious it would distrupt my sleep.

I'm going to leave it over the weekend. I find if I don't think about it I feel fine, then I do the stupid thing and look at my symptoms online only to be told my the interweb doctor wanabees that I have a brain problem.
I would say I don't suffer with headaches just pressure down my neck, causing slight pressure I'n my head behind my eyes.

I felt a lil odd this morning and told my gf who just turned to me and told me I was panicking. once told that I took some deep breathes and calmed down.

I wore my glasses to drive yesterday and felt better, I have booked I'n for an eye test next week.

hopefully its something that will just pass over. Im going to try and forget about it. And give myself the weekend to chill out.

One word to start from me COUNCILLOR!!!!!!!

I used to seriously suffer with panic attacks a few years ago when I was 20/21 and its not a very nice experiance having one. They all started one random Sunday morning for me whilst out with my mates I really didnt know what was happening to me and really thought I was going to die:blush:mg: They more or less happened every 2 hours for that day and went straight to the docs on the monday morning. He pretty much told me I just need a few days off to chill out and sent me on my way saying if I get another attack breath into a crisp packet (Which actually worked). They settled down for a few days but I was still getting them every other day and it really did put my life on hold I wouldnt even get out of bed in fear of having another one so went back to the docs. Who again said just chill out there is nothing he can do to stop them so off I went and just tried to not think about them which worked for a fortnight then bang they started again now bear in mind I was 20 at the time so had no real worries or stresses at the time.

I then thought stuff it dont be scared of them if im gonna have an attack just think to myself bring it on and try to enjoy it:blush:mg: (yes that does sound strange but it stopped them from fully developing) This then carried on for 3months then thought stuff this somethings not right im off to the docs who this time said have some anti-depressants which I took from him. I got home that night and opened the packet getting ready to take the first one I then thought stuff it im 20 there is absolutely no way in hell im taking anti-depressants ive got nothing to be depressed about and thought I dont feel depressed I was still happy and cheerfull.

After talking to my mum about it that night she told me to go to a councillor. Cut a long story short as ive just relised how much ive just wrote:blush:mg: She blew me away I never realised how much stuff, thoughts, bad experiances etc had built up inside me that was bothering me. Basically my mind was fighting with itself to keep them hidden away which was causing the attacks then the fear of having the attacks was just adding to it. After a few sessions the attacks were gone and I was a completely different person.

Sorry if ive gone on a bit;/ And by no means am I suggesting that you've got them as bad as I had them but my advice. Get someone you trust wife, GF, mum, dad or even a mate into a room and just vent!!!!! talk about absolutely anything that you think is bothering you, you'll feel so much better:thumbsup: But if they keep happening get yourself to a shrink and be prepared to shed a few tears:hug:

Ben

hello people sorry to bring this thread up again, just thought id update it a lil.

So after posting i went to the doc, (she was a pretty **** doc just thought i was being silly)

At the time i was having some horrible worrys with a lump i had found and (looked at what it could be on the web) BAD MOVE! i went to the doctor about 3 times due to that and he said on all 3 occasions its in my head and its a cyst that i was feeling. I felt so much relief after this that my funny head went away totally.

Then i started to think how can that feeling just vanish, that was a seriously bad move!!!!!

i checked myself over to see if said lump was any bigger, thankfully not. Smaller in fact (thought this was all good no panic)
i looked on the web again at testicular cancer etc to find it spreads up your back lungs and brain, this **** me tbh dont even know why i looked. even though i had been told i was fine... im a mental case tbh as i started to think i suffer with a bad back, due to work... i thought it was instantly the worst case, i woke up the next day with chest pains around my lungs, after finding out it can spread there... I know for a fact it cant spread that fast. and i know i have nothing wrong with me. But i just cant get it out of my head.

When i get a new pain the old pain vanishes which is a sure sign i have no serious issue. i began to think to myself my heads fine why is that.

Then BANG! start getting tension headaches again.
I look on the web at this. Brain tumour comes up top! so i open the page, (stupid mistake!)
I have none of the real signs, untill the next morning i wake up feeling sick (sign)
i have a constant dull ache in head (sign) even though i know its me over thinking.

I then read more into the situation, and find it should be disturbing my sleep.
it wasnt. then almost right away it was!!!!
im a stupid hypochondriac, and my life has taken a total back seat due to it.

i have no reason to be stressed i just got my profit/loss for the past 3 months and its very good. (didnt even make me happy!)

i have given myself a nice bonus (not happy)

i have a wonderful girlfriend who is there for me and im putting her of with this issue. i know its phycological as when she tells me this i instantly feel better!

I went to the doctors as a last ditch thing on sat morning to try and get over this crazy spat iv had for the past 2 weeks.
She did all the tests and said there is nothing wrong with any of my senses im all there!

She felt no need to do blood tests etc as she thinks it will just go away if i stop thinking. i know this but i feel its almost like i need the tests just to trick my mind into thinking i better!

i use to be so get up and go. Loved life, Loved work, Loved everything.

Now i sit at work thinking all day, i do nothing but think of the worst. Always, my nabour just recently had a bad stroke and was given a 20% chance of pull though, i instantly thought i was next. I mean WTF!!!! as above i have very little need to be unhappy or think im ill.

i keep trying to take my mind of the situation today. But my head keeps coming back to it.

When i went to the doctor all she told me was it is all due to my tense neck muscles, which is due to me over stressing.

this is why i wake up each morning feeling ill as i lay on my back when asleep and push on my tense neck.
I have very little pain in my neck however so yet again my mind is playing with me as i keep thinking it cant just be that!

I am going to turkey next week and i just feel scared to be going tbh i keep thinking i might come down ill when there etc.

This is making me go insane! i just want to get it out of my head and move on, i find if i sit and work all day i kinda forget about it, but whats the fun in this at 20! i turn 21 on friday and my parents took me to london on sunday to find a watch or something. i just didnt want to be there. They picked up watches that would have set them back serious £££ and i just didnt care! i dont know wtf is going on with me. but i know its a mental thing and i have to get out of it myself!

it could be early depression i guess. i do work alone long hours and have far to much time to think!

im not going to look on the web anymore at what i could be as i know this is playing a huge role in making me feel awful!

i feel like such a **** as i know there are people out there fighting real illness and i cant keep a straight head with just a phycological issue.

I think my next step is to find a hobby as i know i need to get out more and get some life experience. i Just need to fight back against my mind and put it back in its place. Tbh writing this has some what made me feel better in myself.

I never understood how people could get so funny in there head, i now realise how easy it is to do.
i kept so many things bottled up inside me for the past few months, family things. personal things, i looked on the web at ilnesses only to make myself feel bad! i am just a retard i know. And i want to fight this situation myself now.

i know its all a phycological mess as i only have issues when i think about those issues! Other than my bad back :worried: lol

im still happy some times! but i want to be back to being happy all the time.

sorry this post is some what messed up as i keep answering the phone and loosing where i was! so excuse that.

There is one thing that is bothering me about this whole situation, i do keep going light headed and pale. i read that stress can do this, but can it really?

iv had around 4 periods of light headedness in 3 weeks i wouldnt have passed out, but that is all that is worrying me about the whole thing. the rest i know is phycological. Did any other people get light headed stages when having panic issues?

could this even be seen as a panic problem?

i just want it to piss off now, i have had more than enough of it!

i keep thinking im actually going mad... (even though i know im not as i wouldnt be thinking that if i was)

i just want this stage to pass! and get my life back on track :worried:

sorry for the post of need, i am in no way depressive or suicidal just having funny panic issues they are almost constant which is not kl unless i dont think about them!

Similar Thread Suggestions