Pad change

iAndy

Platinum Member
Changing pads on sunday, what do I need.... I've got the DS2500's ordered from Demon Tweeks group buy on here.

You may need new brembo pins if yours are seized, check the eBay finds section someone in here found them cheap.

Yeah with a little help from a mate. Cars done less than 10k so should the pins be ok? Or am I best getting some just incase?

Yeah with a little help from a mate. Cars done less than 10k so should the pins be ok? Or am I best getting some just incase?

Maybe, maybe not. They should move with a good whack. You'll need a punch of some sort though.

It's really up to you mate, at ~10k I'd say that you'll be fine, just have plenty of of brake cleaner and WD40 (DON'T GET THIS ON THE DISCS!) and a good hammer and punch and you should be fine. Worst case scenario you put back in the old stuff if you get stuck and order some pins, unless your gonna upgrade to the r-clip style "mr.Pink" pins I wouldn't buy some for the sake of it.

If you want to do it properly and save your knuckles make sure you have:
Copper slip
Hammer
Punch
Piston presser (for fronts)
Piston wind (for rears)
Brake cleaner
There's also a large Allen Key to remove front calipers I think, that'll be in the how to.

Also check out the how to guide.

There's also a large Allen Key to remove front calipers I think, that'll be in the how to.

You shouldn't need to remove the calipers if you've just changing the pads, pop the pins out and the slide out of the caliper. Push the pistons back in and slide the new pads back in.

If you have the tool for removing the caliper then probably best to remove it to clean it up, however if you don't have the tool leave it in place.

if you hit them right and hard enough they come out....

theres a "how to" about somewhere!!!

It's really up to you mate, at ~10k I'd say that you'll be fine, just have plenty of of brake cleaner and WD40 (DON'T GET THIS ON THE DISCS!) and a good hammer and punch and you should be fine. Worst case scenario you put back in the old stuff if you get stuck and order some pins, unless your gonna upgrade to the r-clip style "mr.Pink" pins I wouldn't buy some for the sake of it.

If you want to do it properly and save your knuckles make sure you have:
Copper slip
Hammer
Punch
Piston presser (for fronts)
Piston wind (for rears)
Brake cleaner

Also check out the how to guide.

dont forget the 13mm & 15mm spanner for the rear caliper sliders...

Make sure you squeeze the pistons in before attempting to remove the pins, imo you want to push them in about 75-90% so the pins move easier.

Oui oui, is indeed me that uses the Millers stuff.

Can't fault it, never had any issues and it's a nice price from Opie. :smile: