outside handles

I'm considering spraying these black as I want rid of all silver on the car.

does anyone know if this has been done and if it will play havoc with the sensor? (also if it has been done pictures :wink: )

I can always place a patch of masking tape on the back spray them and have a silver patch on the back for the sensor.

I'm in the process of remiving all silver from my car but I'm just wondering how the sensors would work as black would absorb any kind of beam that silver would reflect.

I might use left over carbon wrap and just stick it over both handles temporarily and see how the car acts.

will let you know results.

also Keil excellent news. Cant wait to get in on :smiley:

the sensor is behind the handle in the door. Painting the handle wont effect anything.

on the back of the silver door handles there is a small silver reflective disc - not sure what this does with regards making the sensor work better - i will put some black tape over mine today if i get chance and see if it effects it and report back

right those reflective discs need to be left exposed for the sensors to work correctly.
Cover them and you have to pull the handle to unlock. It wont sense your hand being there as it normally does.

I've taken my door handles off, spraying them this afternoon! Just door strips left to do now! And paint the grills gloss black along with the vents on the front wings