Our LY 182 progress thread

richandgem

Platinum Member
Given with whats been done, and what will be done to our 182 over the next 2 months I thought I'd put up a progress thread :smile:

As some of you may know the cars previous owner was Bubbles, we brought it in October 2007. Bubbles did a great job of looking after it, but me being me needed it better (that means cleaner lol).
Anyway, after a good clean this is what she looked like
182-1.jpg
182-3.jpg
And one of it next to what was then our brand new R27
both2.jpg

After a few months I needed to sort some new pads out so I thought I'd fitted a set of stainless braided lines at the same time.
BrakeLines.jpg
Given that I wanted both the Clio's to look a like I thought I'd paint the calipers, so I order some of that caliper paint stuff off the tinternet.
PICT0887.jpg
PICT0888.jpg

The car started acting up one morning and I tracked it down to a misfire in cylinder number 3. Turns out the lead had broken down and popped the coil pack. So after a new coil pack, new plugs and a set of Magnecore leads the problem was solved. There not too desimilar to these
MagnecorLOW_LRG.jpg

Next was a new wheel coz one of them had a bit of a scratch on it, so now I have a spare :smile:
New-Wheel.jpg
After some stupid bint cracked the passenger wing I had the whole front end resprayed to get rid of the stone chips. I had all the work done by and fantastic bodyshop and they got the match cock on, came at a price though, just over £1700 lol
PICT1103.jpg

Just after it came out the bodyshop I went up to RS tuning for a rolling road day. I was well chuffed with the result to say the least especially for a standard car
182PowerGraph.jpg

Things started getting a little more serious then. I wanted to replace the eibach lowering springs with coil overs as I found the ride a little crashy. It did prove a little difficult as the car has the cup suspension and I didn't want to spend £1300 plus. But after some discussions with the lads at work (I'm the engineering manager of a steel pressing company) and some stress analysis on my design software I ordered some Spax RSX and "tweaked" them to fit.
IMG_3380.jpg
Fitted :smile:
FrontShock1.jpg
FrontShock2.jpg
While I was fitting the rears I replaced the handbrake cables and tarted the archs up
RearArchSprayed2.jpg
RearArchSprayed3.jpg

Some pics of the car once all done. The coilys are height and damper adjustable and its taken me a little while to get the settings just as I want them but I'm about there now. They have improved the handling and reduced the body roll, the area I've noticed the most difference though is the braking you can brake a lot harder now. They have taken a little getting used to but now I have they are great :smiley:
3.jpg
6.jpg

Last edited:
Next came another rolling road day, this time at Tour De Four. The result was withing 0.2bhp of RS Tunings result :smile:
182PowerGraphTDF07-02-10.jpg

One of the things thats never looked right imo was the silver bullets on the car I wanted them in LY and the lettering to match the wheels. I sent them off to NATHJ on CS and this is what he sent back
PICT1356.jpg
While I was at it I got the wing mirror caps redone
PICT1354.jpg
And this is how they look on the car
Bullets-2.jpg

After regretting painting my calipers coz the paint chips easily I've brought another pair of front calipers which I'll smooth off and get powder coated at work :smile: Plus it need some new discs so I'm gonna cut a custome groove pattern into them before fitting.
Calipers1.jpg

But we've been talking about buying an 225/R26 as we wont more power but love the Clio as its such a riot ro drive. The cars coming upto 5 years old so needs the Cam and Aux belt doing and it seemed a waste not to do sumin bout this at the same time sooooooo
182%20Progress
9f7cb124.jpg

So I'll be taking it to Fred @ BTM in the next few weeks to get all the work done then straight onto TDF for a remap, plus some other bits so stay tuned8)

best pair ive seen for ages
soooooooooooooo nice8)very envious:tongue_smilie:

sweet rich very sweet, i love seeing these two together you can never have too much LY
this has made me think might get some pics of my mini's up

Similar Thread Suggestions