But they change etc all the time

My car has done quite a few miles (clio 197 2006) done 136k

Mostly my road car with the odd track day

Was going to get the

Fuchs titan race pro s 5-40?

Or shall I use elf evolution? Any recommendations Being slightly higher miles

Brilliant thanks!

This doesn't matter for road use?
No problem :smile: I don't think it matters as i've been using the car for commuting/fast road driving with that oil. Interestingly there is the pro r version of the oil as well which I believe is aimed more for race use but I don't see why you would have any issues with the pro s version.

No problem :smile: I don't think it matters as i've been using the car for commuting/fast road driving with that oil. Interestingly there is the pro r version of the oil as well which I believe is aimed more for race use but I don't see why you would have any issues with the pro s version.
Brilliant thanks very much hopefully will be better for oil consumption too!

Anyone any experience with these motorsport oils?
Do they need to be worked harder to come up to temp?

Otherwise, won’t this be doing more damage than good on a road going car, that will be running an oil below temp for longer?

I assume it’s a 5/40 spec oil the same as any other, where it will differ is in its ability to remain within spec when pushed hard / high temperature. It will also provide superior lubrication / protection due to its synthetic ester base, non of this hydrocracked mineral oil !!! But that’s only my take on it.

I assume it’s a 5/40 spec oil the same as any other, where it will differ is in its ability to remain within spec when pushed hard / high temperature. It will also provide superior lubrication / protection due to its synthetic ester base, non of this hydrocracked mineral oil !!! But that’s only my take on it.

Cracked* mineral oil [emoji23] we use a catalytic cracker, and still produce a massive amount of mineral oil.
I work in Hydrocarbon refining, but this is now where near my area.

It just sounds too good to be true to me. That there is no lower temp pass off, to give way to staying within a higher temperature range?

Surely to give it that property, it would have to be a product that withstands heating up to too high a temperature. Which would mean it would withstand heating up to regular temperature for longer?
As opposed to a product that heats to a high temperature, heating up quicker?

I appreciate your reply, and I’m sure you’re correct. It’s just hard to see there being no negative side.
Apart from maybe cost being the only thing I can think of?

Cracked* mineral oil emoji23.png we use a catalytic cracker, and still produce a massive amount of mineral oil.
I work in Hydrocarbon refining, but this is now where near my area.

It just sounds too good to be true to me. That there is no lower temp pass off, to give way to staying within a higher temperature range?

Surely to give it that property, it would have to be a product that withstands heating up to too high a temperature. Which would mean it would withstand heating up to regular temperature for longer?
As opposed to a product that heats to a high temperature, heating up quicker?

I appreciate your reply, and I’m sure you’re correct. It’s just hard to see there being no negative side.
Apart from maybe cost being the only thing I can think of?

I have to say I know nothing about oil production (not my field) but it does appear that if a base oil is modified it can be classed as synthetic. I guess you pay your money and take your choice. In many years of running ester based synthetics (pro s and similar) in Fords and Renos both on road and track I haven't experienced any downsides - a part from as you say price

Some basic info here

https://balancemotorsport.co.uk/media/wysiwyg/Media/The Truth about SYNTHETICS v 2.pdf

Last edited:
Reactions: Pav
I have to say I know nothing about oil production (not my field) but it does appear that if a base oil is modified it can be classed as synthetic. I guess you pay your money and take your choice. In many years of running ester based synthetics (pro s and similar) in Fords and Renos both on road and track I haven't experienced any downsides - a part from as you say price

Some basic info here

https://balancemotorsport.co.uk/media/wysiwyg/Media/The Truth about SYNTHETICS v 2.pdf

No no, I appreciate the link! Everyday is a school day.

I think it’s just one of those things for manufacturers, it costs more and the cheaper stuff works, so it just gets thrown in.
If the Ester based oils are better and less viscous at lower temperatures, it makes sense!