Offside Upper Ball Joint

Just had the Cup serviced by my mate (who is a Renault mechanic) and it was noted that the off-side upper ball joint seal is split and spilling grease.
Has anyone had this before? i believe it is now an MOT failure and with it looming in the next month, i will need to sort it quick!
Does the ball joint only come as one part? or could i just get a new seal??

thanks Dave

There are three ball joints on either side, top and bottom of the knuckle and a third on the lower arm.

The most common failure is the lower one on the knuckle; I don't think the ball joint is replaceable separately, we had to replace the outer knuckle, and the part that fixes onto it due to a siezed pinch bolt.

I seem to recall the upper ball joint is integral to the inner knuckle, though is may be removeable with the right equipment a new one is only available from Renault Sport parts, not from regular dealers.

Good luck with sorting it.

I have been told at my last visit to local garage, that my passenger ball joint needs doing. Was getting my brakes fitted at the time. How much should I expect to pay, part & labour?

I should have said hub carrier rather than knuckle

Top ball joint is in the inner hub carrier
Middle ball joint is in the outer hub carrier
Lower ball joint is on the lower arm.

The inner and outer hub carriers RRP at around £195 each. On mine we had to replace another part that the middle ball joint joins to, which was a further £195. Not sure about the lower arm.