Odd page caching issue

GrumpyTwig

"the troll hunter" with added boost!
Just wondering if anyone else has been getting this.

Basically what you might see for example is a thread that has 3 ports in it, but when opening it there is only 1 or none even. If you then refresh they appear but not when you first open the thread.

Also if you click new post, it doesn't show the new posts that have occurred properly so a thread might have had replys but they aren't shown on the count of posts.

Anyone?

Yup. Definitely an issue with posting then it not showing up on the main page or not updating straight away.

It seems to have started since Mike changed the sign up settings.....

I'm having issues with PMs in that I keep getting a pop up saying I've got a new PM even if I've read it and replied. The box in the top right also stays yellow.

Guys,

As a workaround, I'd recommend using the commands below, to not only refresh the page, but also rebuild the cache each time.

Windows: ctrl + F5
Mac/Apple: Apple + R or command + R

I'm sure this will be removed like my other post in the spambot section was.

But as a paid member I think it's poor the website is not updated.

There are security issues for one with the software the site is running.

It is very easy to update, rectify the spambot issue and fix the caching issue instead of expecting us to hit F5.

If this site was free I could understand but when you are paying then I expect the site to be secure and upto date.

Just my opinion as a little old paid member.

I'm sure this will be removed like my other post in the spambot section was.

But as a paid member I think it's poor the website is not updated.

There are security issues for one with the software the site is running.

It is very easy to update, rectify the spambot issue and fix the caching issue instead of expecting us to hit F5.

If this site was free I could understand but when you are paying then I expect the site to be secure and upto date.

Just my opinion as a little old paid member.

you point is taken seriously and there will be changes shortly

Cheers Si, it really is a 10 min job absolute maximum with the software developer gives very clear and precise instructions.

what happens if you press F5? are there any other little tricks i don't know?

usless with computers mate,:rofl:

It makes the page refresh :lol:

Seriously though I can only echo what's already been said, it's properly irritating having to mash the F5 button.

I'm wondering about the page caching issues as well, but i bet it is a hosting problem and not a forum software problem.

There are some roadblocks stopping me updating to vb5 at the moment, it is not as simple as we would like it to be. Yes it is a 10 minute upgrade but that is not the issue..

I suspect the nginx cache we are behind is at fault.

I'm wondering about the page caching issues as well, but i bet it is a hosting problem and not a forum software problem.

There are some roadblocks stopping me updating to vb5 at the moment, it is not as simple as we would like it to be. Yes it is a 10 minute upgrade but that is not the issue..

I suspect the nginx cache we are behind is at fault.

so.................its not a big hammer job then :s

And in english please, nginx is the sound i make when my balls get caught in my zip after the F word of course

It's come back to being screwed by the hosting company.

I'm genuinely concerned if we push vb5 then our issues will not go away and may get worse as it is a bit more memory hungry.

Similar Thread Suggestions