O s f driveshaft

chris1888-197

Paid Member
Hi all, my driveshaft on my clio 197 is knackered and I have seen one I guy close to me is selling but it looks as though the driveshaft comes in 2 parts has anyone any info on this ? It looks like the shaft has a spline joint next to the driveshaft bearing ? I just want to make sure it's the correct shaft for the car. Thanks

Bump: anyone removed a o/s/f driveshaft or fitted a driveshaft that has came in 2 parts thanks ? Just before I strip it to find it's the wrong shaft. I got the driveshaft last year, this is a pic of the driveshaft. ThanksScreenshot_20200507-150429_Gallery.jpg

I had an outer passenger side boot to change I would like to know when your doing the work if a lot of force is required to take the shaft from the gearbox. As for the 2 piece shaft I would think the small shaft would not need changed as not much can go wrong on it. There is a small plate that holds the bearing into a housing bolted onto the back of the engine
1588865643737.png

I work for Ford so will either be doing it in my work on a ramp when safe to do so or in my friends garage that he has at his house when the lockdown is lifted @turkie172 just dont want to strip it and get the driveshaft out to find it's the wrong shaft. I just ordered brake pads and discs all round braided lines , service kit and 4 michelin pilot sport 4 tyres so l will just get it all done at the one time. Want to do a track day with the 197 as I have a 172 cup track/road car and would like to see the difference between the 2 cars on track. Thanks for reply.

Yes the OS is a split shaft.
There’s a little o ring which goes between the 2 halves which generally starts to leak and spew grease out. The bearing on the middle is usually worn (so i’d double check yours with it being a used part)

Turkie - the NS shaft on mine was pretty tight. Took a few jabs with a bar to get out. Obviously have to be careful praying against the casing.

Thanks @RSRowe that's great to know I was worried of there being a circlip on the gearbox side and how much force to use and if it fell off I would not know.

Diagram 2008 Clio 197
1588934155102.png
1588934196597.png

thanks for your help @turkie172 @RSRowe I was unsure because on of my mates took a gearbox out a clio 200 Gordini to repair the gearbox 3rd gear crunch and he said he couldn't remember the shaft splitting on the o s f so i wanted to make sure the shaft I got fitted my 197.