Not much interest in the 200T are people not as keen as the previous model?

This is the 6th Renaultsport Clio I've had (well this one is the wife's) and never had such little interest when selling. From the 172 to the V6 I had no problems selling but for some reason this one has hardly had any interest in more than 2 weeks of advertising and it's on Autotrader, Pistonheads and ebay priced at one of the cheapest current 200T lux's with low miles and lots of extras. It is actually the cheapest on the market for mileage last time I looked. The only conclusion I have come to is that the current model has not took off as the previous generations or its the colour maybe, Flame red.

Can anyone enlighten me as to why. I could of course drop the price even more but as it is already the cheapest and no interest I don't think its that.

I don't have much experience with selling the different clios but the 197/200s seem very slow at selling. I presumed the 200Ts would have a wider appeal and so sell better.

Strange one.

If it's well advertised (Sounds like it is) - and is the cheapest there is with low miles and a good spec: it can only be not to many interested in that car, / model or you live out in the middle of nowhere and people cant be bothered to view ! Either that or no-one is buying anything.........

GLWS.

As a sports variant of a mass-produced model, there's always going to be limited appeal and therefore a smaller number of potential buyers - this applies to all of the Clio RS models, not just the mk4. Factor in also the (unjustified) comments from the motoring press, who haven't been full of praise for the mk4 in comparison to something like the Fiesta ST, and it makes it a difficult market.

Also I think, the way people buy cars has changed the market too IMO. It's so easy to go out and get a brand new car on finance, with all the attractive and competitive payment options available these days. This must have an impact on the second-hand market I'm guessing...

And lastly, society seems obsessed with fuel economy, paying less road tax etc etc - a sportier model that burns more fuel and isn't as frugal on the emissions as a 'normal' Clio will lose it's appeal to the general car buying public.

I think all of the above may well be why it's difficult to sell something like a Clio RS. IMO.

strange..i thought the mk4 was getting more and more popular..at least by the look of what our membres have posted on here..only positive feedback..

I think you may be right with regard more people now buying on finance or personal lease especially with the low interest rate at the moment and cheap lease deals on certain new cars. I don't think its particularly down to running costs as the Mk4 Clio is cheaper to run than previous models but yes certainly more than the base models although I've never had a base model in anything and never had this little interest as I've always priced cars to sell hence cheaper than any equivalent model for spec and mileage. The car is well advertised with all the relevant details and as many photos as allowed and we are fairly midlands based so not too far to get to from anywhere. I think its on a about 23k miles and still has a years warranty and servicing as its got the Renault 4+ package. As to spec, its the LUX with cup pack and has reversing camera and parking sensors on top of the usual LUX stuff. Its priced under £11k so not too much for anyone to be able to sort a bank loan out themselves if needing finance.

I was aware that the motoring press slated it when it first came out due to having a smaller engine that was turbo charged, a semi auto clutch with no manual available and 5 doors. Non of this put me off after having a 172, 182, 197 and V6 over the years so you could call me a Clio enthusiast, however I am probably a fair bit older than most Renaultsport owners and the car was bought mainly for the other half to drive but she wouldn't have been bothered that it wasn't a Renaultsport but it needed to be for me to have some fun when I did drive it.

There it is, I think I've just answered my own question. It must be the fact that the Renaultsport has grown up too much for the younger generation. I thought it was just the colour, no its because we're old:anguished:

Reactions: nutnutwelshman
I think you may be right with regard more people now buying on finance or personal lease especially with the low interest rate at the moment and cheap lease deals on certain new cars. I don't think its particularly down to running costs as the Mk4 Clio is cheaper to run than previous models but yes certainly more than the base models although I've never had a base model in anything and never had this little interest as I've always priced cars to sell hence cheaper than any equivalent model for spec and mileage. The car is well advertised with all the relevant details and as many photos as allowed and we are fairly midlands based so not too far to get to from anywhere. I think its on a about 23k miles and still has a years warranty and servicing as its got the Renault 4+ package. As to spec, its the LUX with cup pack and has reversing camera and parking sensors on top of the usual LUX stuff. Its priced under £11k so not too much for anyone to be able to sort a bank loan out themselves if needing finance.

I was aware that the motoring press slated it when it first came out due to having a smaller engine that was turbo charged, a semi auto clutch with no manual available and 5 doors. Non of this put me off after having a 172, 182, 197 and V6 over the years so you could call me a Clio enthusiast, however I am probably a fair bit older than most Renaultsport owners and the car was bought mainly for the other half to drive but she wouldn't have been bothered that it wasn't a Renaultsport but it needed to be for me to have some fun when I did drive it.

There it is, I think I've just answered my own question. It must be the fact that the Renaultsport has grown up too much for the younger generation. I thought it was just the colour, no its because we're old:anguished:
on my second EDC love mine just back from the Ring and Spa no complaints