Noob looking to buy a mk3 RS :

Hi everyone!

First post here - thought I'd best say hello to all first. I'm looking to inject more fun into my life so fancy getting a RS Clio to daily. After 8 years of driving a diesel barge I need something with a bit of va-va-voom if you catch my drift.

Right now I'm thinking about a mk3 and prefer the look of the 200 over the 197. I was thinking of spending about 4-5K on one but would even consider a 2.5-3K CAT repaired car if its straight. I'm not too fussed on colour or model right now as I'm more interested in dipping my toes in the water first before I get too keen and splash the cash. I'm after for a tidy road car... so nothing too modified or stripped out for track. I'm sorted for a track car as I have a tracked prepped evo for that.

I'm based in the NW so ideally looking for one for sale local. Does anyone have one for sale / know of any that would fit the bill?

Cheers all,

Karl

Thank you :smile:. I've been browsing online and I'm not seeing a great many for sale at the minute. Hopefully once lockdown is lifted there will be more about.

I'm starting to lean towards a cup now also so might have to up my budget a bit.

Welcome to the forum mate, I've noticed the price slowly creeping up last 6-9 months for a tidy low mileage 200 so not sure what 4-5k can get you at the moment! Good luck on your search.

I got my 200 for a smidge over 5k with 68k miles on it. It was a bit cheaper than the average on Autotrader at the time. This was only earlier this year early Jan so I'm sure you'll find something.

I've got a 93000 mile 197 cup, nimbus grey, very good , un modified condition (rear alloys need a refurb but thats about it), recaros, It is for sale in North Leicestershire. £3750. Let me know if youwznt more details.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H New Members 3
STODGY New Members 24
Jimmy Knoxville New Members 19
lee.p.wood New Members 20
SeanTheSheep New Members 25