Noisy Contis

tchalikias

Paid Member
Is it me or are the Continental Sport Contact 3's that come with the 200 extremely noisy at low-moderate speeds (around 40-50 mph)?

Its a sort of droning or low-pitch humming noise, if you drive with the windows down and you hear it you can't 'unhear' it, and depending on the type of tarmac it can become quite annoying!

Anyone else annoyed by this?

i'd more put it down to as you said, the surface your driving on, and clio's aren't exactly refined when it comes to road noise. Turn the stero up a bit, or get a performance exhaust :tongueout:

I don't know.. I think there's something wrong with the tyres.. A couple of times even the passengers noticed the noise.. The hat hum can become very noticeable!

What could be the cause for the noise apart from the tyre?

I know for sure its not engine/gearbox related (the noise is there even when coasting in neutral)..

road surface? i used to have contis on and found they were noisy on certain surfaces fine on others.

I'll have the tyres checked when I return from my vacations.

The reason I suspect a tyre problem is because my car was an ex-showroom model which has been left standing for a few months.. this is bad for the tyres, they can go out of shape.

yeah they can mate ure right but its normally 12months that they lose there shape as the rubber starts to break down inside with the air etc etc. get the car alligned and balanced mate n see if the problem is there still