Noisy air conditioning...

I have noticed that my car makes a loud whining if the air conditioning is on... Is it time to visit my local dealer? The system was regassed last month...

Mine's the same. Took it in when it was under warranty and they said "it does make a noise but other's are worse. That's just how they are" mmmm. At least it works.

Mine's the same. Took it in when it was under warranty and they said "it does make a noise but other's are worse. That's just how they are" mmmm. At least it works.

so air con pumps are meant to be nosiey......what a joke!!!!

all you should hear is the air-con clutch "click" when switching on and the colling fan running at slow speed to keep the condenser cool....

and no they arent supposed to be "all like that" - they are nosiey for a reason :blush:hmy::swear:

Mine was noisy until I had it regassed last weekend. Did you get a print out to make sure it was done properly?

I will get my local dealer to check my whining air con... Thanks for reassuring me that something is amiss!

My clutch pedal 'clicks' as it reaches the top of it's travel which can get very irritating! :-(

I will get my local dealer to check my whining air con... Thanks for reassuring me that something is amiss!

My clutch pedal 'clicks' as it reaches the top of it's travel which can get very irritating! :-(

Last edited:
Mine did the same, I took the car to Renault Wolverhampton regarding the air con about 5 times and it never got fixed properly. It worked, but whined all the time when I used it.

Mine was totally without gas last month! It was regassed by a Renault Service Centre and it checked out as being leak free! I might pop it back in there on my way home tomorrow evening to see if they can check for anything obvious! The noise is very strange but disappears just as soon as I turn the air con off...!!!
It's probably leaking gas. They get noisy when low on pressure

Mines just been in for a noisy aircon pump...totally out of gas they say but have checked for leaks and found nothing...did i want it recharged for £55+VAT...erm no!

Surely 20k is early for it to be out of gas?! It shouldnt lose gas at all!